Loading Times

RiderX

Hi, I've tried the 17.1 release and I do like what I see, except one thing. The the hidden movement takes to long. I have a fairly new computer i5 2500 8gb ram with ssd. But the loading times still takes a very long time.

What I want to know is if the loading time during hidden movment will be reduced in the complete game?

Does the AI take advantage of todays dual-cores and quad-core cpus? Other ways to reduce the time would be for the AI to compute during players turn like in Age of Wonders.

This is a fresh and interesting persepective on the Hidden Movement issue.

During the hidden movement phase, a.k.a. the computer's turn, the game moves all the alien, friendly soliders and civilians. Those aliens, friendly a.i. and civilians that Xenonauts cannot see are blocked out by the Hidden Movement screen. The a.i. moves them one-by-one which is what causes the computers' turn to take so long. Nothing is being loaded - it's just that moving all non player controlled units is done on a person by person basis.

EDIT: If you want to know more about the A.I., the A.I. developer maintains a thread on the Announcement forum. Here's a post which addresses the point you raise about precalculation.

Edited by Max_Caine

If the hidden movement issue is caused by the time for AI to move all the units and not by calculation. Couldn't the movements during this state be "speed up" like you could for example in heroes of might and magic? Since you don't see them anyway, it wouldn't matter if the aliens moved in lightningspeed.