Heavy/power armour design?

Now, I'm not one to sneak-peak at assets (I like surprises) but I was just wondering what the styling of the heavier armours types be?

I kind of liked the original XCOM's approach of 'fecking huge scrap exoskeleton'. It really looked like the research team had just desperately put together a suit using alien tech then stapled a couple tons of armour onto it. The kind of 'is it a walking tank yet?' approach is what I'd expect for a ultra-heavy armour type.

On the overhand however, The new Xcom:EU's heavy end-game armour just looks like bulkier 'sci-fi tacticool' version of the default armour. While I guess this is more realistic, Frankly, I thought that game would have gone for something like 40k terminator armour for its bullet-sponge armour tier. And considering how bulky and brute-forcey everything else was, It would have fit with the setting just as well.

I've reached Xenonauts second (third if you count not wearing any armour) tier armour and I think, for what its supposed to be, it looks very fitting. The extra-vision helmet was a real plus and it made me feel like the Xenonaut research-team as really thinking about what the troops needed most in the field. At-least they didn't send them all out in freaking cloth jumpsuits to begin. I'm just hoping later on there is more of a split in armour types to match roles and it doesn't end up looking like 'TACICOOL-POWASUIT WIT XTRA AMROUZ'.

Also, on a slightly related note: I REALLY hope the scout-cars get some new armour options too. Maybe a boosted armour version? I'm getting a little bored with its standard cardboard armour plating.

That armour has been cut from the game. It's the least awesome of the three power armour suits and it never actually got animated up. The other two are much nicer.

So no super heavy armor. We have to settle for the Predator instead. |: I hope you haven't cut the full size hover MBT you have sitting in your assets folder as well.

So no super heavy armor. We have to settle for the Predator instead. |: I hope you haven't cut the full size hover MBT you have sitting in your assets folder as well.
That armour has been cut from the game. It's the least awesome of the three power armour suits and it never actually got animated up. The other two are much nicer.

If other two is sentinel and predator then they are not looks realy super heavy, that what he mean.

Yeah, but they're "power armour suits". Chris just cut the one he didn't like.

Yes, there are(is? present?) "power armour suits" but there "no super heavy armor". That exactly what he said.

Why I translate from english if you understand that language much better than me

Edited by zzz1010

So, Hang on, The super-mega-awesome looking walking tank armour ISN'T being used? Then, by jove, what replaces it?

Old hat. It's been replaced by the super-ultra-mega-awesome (SUMA for short) armour, with wetting-yourself-with-Mecha -pleasure function as standard.

This close to various present giving festivals, you should know not to spoil yourself by peeking :)

So, Hang on, The super-mega-awesome looking walking tank armour ISN'T being used? Then, by jove, what replaces it? And whats this 'Sentinel' Tornado feels should be cut?

Damn it, I know I'm walking into spoiler territory but I cant help myself. D:

Sentinel is the advanced version of the jump jet suit.

TornadoADV, with all due respect, do you watch films then tell people who haven't seen them a detailled plot synopsis so they miss nothing out? Yes? No? Please, please, please, use the

tag. It's not much more to type in, and it's so much more helpful when people scroll down and don't hit gawd-damn spoilers. I swear, when I see your name, it's like "what cat has he let of of the bag this time?"

TornadoADV, with all due respect, do you watch films then tell people who haven't seen them a detailled plot synopsis so they miss nothing out? Yes? No? Please, please, please, use the

tag. It's not much more to type in, and it's so much more helpful when people scroll down and don't hit gawd-damn spoilers. I swear, when I see your name, it's like "what cat has he let of of the bag this time?"

I didn't let anything out of the bag, the assets folder is doing that for me.

It is a little disrespectful not to use the spoiler tags, Tornado. Just because something is accessible doesn't mean people want to be told about it (it might just mean the dev team has better things to do than trim every bit of "secret" info out of the builds). The end of a movie is accessible enough too, but that doesn't mean people want it spoiled for them. Just use spoiler tags and all is well.

The Colossus is the cut armour. It's been cut because the proportions of it are ridiculous given it's a tall design but can't be more than a tile tall in-game, which means it'll actually be thinner than the other power armours if modelled up.

As to which armour "needed" to be cut, nobody beyond the dev team is in any position to speculate on that as you've not used any of them and it seems a bit strange to be complaining that something that was never actually in the game still isn't going to be in the final game.

It's not good design to have a "best" armour, anyway. The other two power armour suits are both good, they're just useful for different things. That way you actually get to make decisions about what you want to do.

It's not good design to have a "best" armour, anyway. The other two power armour suits are both good, they're just useful for different things. That way you actually get to make decisions about what you want to do.

Now that brought me a contented smile. Armour being used for a purpose, rather than simply powering it up to higher levels. Nice to see the thought that's going into that.

And another + for the spoiler tags. Generally the forum has gone out of it's way to be careful about giving away anything that's out with the alpha build that's playable. There's the odd mod exception, but if you go to the dedicated section for under the bonnet peeking, then you'd expect that.

It's a little silly to read "is main hero dies?" topic if you try to avoid a spoilers. And to try to be so much involved in development (I mean forum activity) and try to know about game as little as possible simultaneously.

I imagine how it will be at the bug report forum - "I was on {spoiler} map and there was {spoiler}. My soldier in {spoiler} with {spoiler} walk out of the {spoiler} and when {spoiler} shoot him from {spoiler} then game crashes. This also some times happened with {spoiler}.

zzz1010 there is a difference between talking about stuff that is in the game if you play it and about stuff yet to be released that are hidden away inside the assets folders but never appear in game (because they weren't supposed to be in the assets folders, Chris and the team just didn't remove them from the official build).

I don't see too much difference. If some one is avoiding playing alpha builds(there are some) or didn't saw something in alpha yet - then something can be be "spoiler" for them, no matter is this already work or not. If so much care about it this is where we go.

And there is discussed power armor designs, to mention about power armor is already spoiler(so far as they are not in the game yet).

been officially announced or aren't intentionally functional in the alpha builds would

Did you mean only for devs spoilers allowed? There talked about spoiled anounce, not game?

And how to discusse about jump jet is fine but just calling it by name become the spoiler, it's not name of the killler, this name has no effect and any matter.

Well, of course you can do it on your, but for me this all just nonsense.

Edited by zzz1010