two chinooks on the same mission

You'd need to redo the UI. where would you fit the extra soldiers on the UI? what hotkeys would you use for them? You'd need to redo EVERY map to have a second chinook submap spot that shows a chinook if you send 2 of them, but is replaced by something else if you only send 1...

I don't think the functionalities are in the game and any such mod will probably be very buggy.

Aside from the technical issues, it would probably get shot down in terms of balance. If you could do that with chinooks, you'd have to be able to do that with later dropships as well (otherwise people would ask what makes chinooks so special?), who (most likely) will be able to carry more troops and vehicles to the field. I mean, even with a modest 4-person upgrade to the next dropship, two tier 2 dropships could theoretically land 32 squaddies. ZERG RUSH FOR THE WIN!

Aside from the technical issues, it would probably get shot down in terms of balance. If you could do that with chinooks, you'd have to be able to do that with later dropships as well (otherwise people would ask what makes chinooks so special?), who (most likely) will be able to carry more troops and vehicles to the field. I mean, even with a modest 4-person upgrade to the next dropship, two tier 2 dropships could theoretically land 32 squaddies. ZERG RUSH FOR THE WIN!

Just like the Avenger, WOOOOOO!!