UFO from the nineties

Raakku

You're an entity with taste and distinction. You know when it's *right* to throw your money at something. Regardless of any other opinions.

>gets up on a case of used smoke grenades that Pancakes is going to use in combat, for a rant<

This isn't some AAA Colonial Marines Hoodwink game. This isn't a game designed to barely scrape across the line, riddled with flaws. This is a game we've seen built.No, not just right to get a Xenonauts DLC. It's Just.

You owe it to your fellow gamers, your family, kittens and little orphans the world over to send a signal to other companies that you will only buy DLCs from games you've grown to trust through disclosure of content, through testing, through watching Chris wonder just where his life has gone. That's value for money. That would be a Xenonauts DLC.

Did you train to defend the Earth from invaders in the tactical simulator, just to hand over your pennies to some reptilian games company? I think not. Buy Goldhawk.

You buying any of this Chris?

You're an entity with taste and distinction. You know when it's *right* to throw your money at something. Regardless of any other opinions.

>gets up on a case of used smoke grenades that Pancakes is going to use in combat, for a rant<

This isn't some AAA Colonial Marines Hoodwink game. This isn't a game designed to barely scrape across the line, riddled with flaws. This is a game we've seen built.No, not just right to get a Xenonauts DLC. It's Just.

You owe it to your fellow gamers, your family, kittens and little orphans the world over to send a signal to other companies that you will only buy DLCs from games you've grown to trust through disclosure of content, through testing, through watching Chris wonder just where his life has gone. That's value for money. That would be a Xenonauts DLC.

Did you train to defend the Earth from invaders in the tactical simulator, just to hand over your pennies to some reptilian games company? I think not. Buy Goldhawk.

You buying any of this Chris?

Short version: I want Xenonauts DLC.

No, I believe that would be cool, but Chris is silent about this.

What does this has to do with my post, anyway?:confused:

Just a platform to push for a DLC. Any excuse. Sometimes, an excuse is optional :)

If you had just spent years on a single game, and wanted to develop a company. Would you :-

a) - churn out DLCs for a game with an antiquated engine

b) - do it all over again, to make an even better X-Com clone = more years.

c)- look to develop something to show your diversity in a different genre

d) - look to develop something to show your diversity, but use the lessons learned in the same genre.

e) quit and take up accountancy

I would be tempted to stick with the time line and alternate history that was created for Xenonauts but make a different type of game within it to expand the universe.

A few years down the line with a few popular games (plus novellas and full blown books maybe) you could well have a nice big IP growing under you that others would want to get involved in.

Or you might not, can't blame an entity for trying.

(BORING TEXT) The Xenoverse.(BORING TEXT)QUOTE]

I see the openening speal now.....

We are not alone. Extra terrestrials have attacked us and now we will take the fight to them. You are part of an elite group of redshirts errrrr soldiers that will board enemy vessels, attack aliens that turn your comrades into zombies and godwilling attack the hordes awaiting on their planets..... Hey where they all go?!

It'd be rather awesome to see some easter eggs for the game, either fan-made mods or stuff the developers decide to cram in there.

For example, turning up to an easter egg battlefield where you see two agents, a male and a female near a crash site. One named Scully, the other Mulder.

Or a recreation of the Roswell Incident (yes I know the first example isn't period appropriate but I believe fun easter eggs transcend timelines. :P)

Military installation was a stretch goal, but wasn't one that was met. :(

Not that you'd need that for Roswell. Depending on your views of it you'd need...

Option 1 - A desert tileset with a crashed ship - all already in the game!

Option 2 - A small office (in the industrial set!) where Airforce personnel (local forces sprites!)come up with military weather balloon cover story

Option 3 - A small bar with a few locals (farmer sprites!) deciding whose turn it is to come up with an "I wuz there, honest!" story.