V10.2 (kickstarter demo) crashes

I'm running win 7 64-bit, but can't run the demo for more than about 10 mins before it causes a BSOD. It's just the standard ailien recovery mission. I know the game version is up to v17 or something but if this is happening to those that have come to see what xen is all about I think it may just put them off.

Is there a more up-to-date version that you can play/test to make sure it works on your PC before comitting to buying the game? I'm already on-board, but many may not take the risk if they are given a demo that crashes with alarming regularity.

And if there is, would you consider replacing v10.2 (from the KS page) with it as that's the first point of contact for most 'nubies' with xenonauts?

Edited by ooey

Hmm, the KS demo was pretty stable and I don't remember any reporting massive crashing, so it might be your system if it's BSOD every 10 minutes or so.

Actually if it's an actual BSOD it's definitely your system as W7 is *very* good at handling normal application crashes.

As it stands the KS demo is the only publically available demo.

I dunno how Chris would feel about putting out a "last alpha" demo before Xenonauts hits beta (and all the content gets enabled), as I seem to recall he's got plans for a proper demo to come out just before release.

Edited by Buzzles

Thanks Buzzles. My PC is very stable, fortunately (has only bsod'ed for the xen demo :-(). I was just worried about the impression it would give to noobs if they come via kickstarter.

If I were Chris, I'd just put out a largely disabled Beta when its ready (maybe just 1 mission, just to give players the feel of the game).

Edited by ooey