Headshots anyone?

Gazzarc

Hi,seems a long time ago I enjoyed the original Xcom and having preordered Xenonauts I am chuffed to see you are making the real thing. I understand the game is only in alpha but am curious if you will be including the ability to target specific body parts during ground combat?

...the ability to target specific body parts during ground combat?
LOL. The way the Xenonauts shoot in the game it's a miracle they don't shoot themselves in the head! Targeting specific body parts is kind of joke when you think about it. I would have a very hard time reconciling a Xenonaut carefully aiming for the head of alien a 100 yards away only to kill his buddy standing right next to him (yes, it is possible right now.) Edited by StellarRat

LOL. The way the Xenonauts shoot in the game it's a miracle they don't shoot themselves in the head! Targeting specific body parts is kind of joke when you think about it. I would have a very hard time reconciling a Xenonaut carefully aiming for the head of alien a 100 yards away only to kill his buddy standing right next to him (yes, it is possible right now.)

I had that happen last night, I figured he must of sneezed as he took the shot LOL

• 2 weeks later...

I have quite a good story compared to all these horrifying misses. STORY TIME!

I was having a rather bad battle. Most of my squad had their asses handed to them right out of chopper and the rest were scattered over whatever cover I could reach. Two of my blokes, my best rifle-grunts, were been pinned down behind a fence. Everyone was out of TU's barring one guy. One fucking guy...

My rocketeer.

I had a 7% chance rocket shot going between my two men at some alien bloke with a heavy plasma. That alien had already freaking eaten my scout tank (without any milk) and had stomped two of me best shooty boyz during the dropsite slaughter. I was royally screwed if I didn't land the shot...

Click.

Chink.

FWOOOSH.

The rocket goes straight between my riflemen, smashes into the alien thingy-a-mah-bob's face, blows it to kingdom come and kills TWO of its buddies who I didn't even see behind cover. Suddenly victory screen.

Needless to say - This rocket-trooper has gotten all my best gear since.

...and had stomped two of me best shooty boyz during the dropsite slaughter. I was royally screwed if I didn't land the shot...

Yer Nobs aint gotz dem humie assault riflez haz dey?

Themz things shoot worse than da bloody Gretchenz wit no armz.

*BLAM*

Bloody green-skin scum trying to bash my PC again...I thought I had this place frigging SCRUBBED!!!