Wounded and unconscious Aliens.

I think he only becomes a human/ alien hybrid if he has the alien in his backpack because it's his lunch. And it turns out not to be an Alien, but a Thing from another world.

Still would like to see stunning in the game, to give the Xenonauts something extra to concern themselves with tactically. The more I think about the Sebillian falling over just as easily as a Caesian and staying stunned, the less it works for me.

That probably wouldn't be the case if stun damage was related to health and armour ratings.

Especially if regeneration also worked on stun damage.

Thinking about it the regeneration ability is in the game already.

Wonder how difficult it would be to allow the xml to set which damage type is regenerated (health, morale, stun etc) and even use the xml to allocate it to any race.

Code wise that is.

That would take us back to how to handle stunned enemies that do manage to recover though.

The old method that allowed them to be rendered useless needs an update.

Still would like to see stunning in the game, to give the Xenonauts something extra to concern themselves with tactically. The more I think about the Sebillian falling over just as easily as a Caesian and staying stunned, the less it works for me.

Stop giving me flashbacks to when I would capture and hold prisoners in the very front of my skyranger, with a trooper in flying armor floating right 2 spaces away from the door with a stun launcher.

I honestly only did that sort of thing a few times. Later I decided that I was better off just finishing the mission quickly rather than wasting time hauling corpses back and then guarding them. Like using grenades, guarding stunned enemies is one of those things I consider a waste of time--though I realize a lot of good players do both.

It's something I never thought to do either. I'd try to make sure the back of the squad was covered, but even that was jettisoned when I had to cover a lot of ground.
If the AI is as tough as I think it's going to be you're probably going to at least have to cover the flanks and maybe the rear of your squad all the time. This is an excellent reason to use good tactics like refused flanks, fire and maneuver, and overwatch when possible.

If the AI is as tough as I think it's going to be you're probably going to at least have to cover the flanks and maybe the rear of your squad all the time. This is an excellent reason to use good tactics like refused flanks, fire and maneuver, and overwatch when possible.

I think that will depend as much on map size and how good your troops are as on the AI. Kinda hard to get flanked on these smaller maps I've seen so far, and with better troops you don't need to concentrate firepower as much... theoretically.