Tunza

The X-FILES

The show had it all. UFO's, abductions, shady organizations, one of the greatest villains tv had to offer and kick-ass main storyline all the way up to sixth season. It was the tv-show of the 90's. And to me playing UFO EU was way cooler after watching the nights episode of X-Files.

Do you guys have warm feelings towards X-Files? And if you do, let me know!

The shows had its charms, but it lost its way after a while (which is why you said "all the way up to the sixth season"). I know another movie is planned, but after the last one, I don't think there's much hope of the franchise resolving itself in a non-wallbanger way.

I guess it could have been worse. Most TV shows don't even have ONE good season in them. Nor Gillian Anderson, for that matter.

It has its good points indeed, but I don't really think X-Files stands up to the more recent shows like Fringe. Until you're actually into UFOs and such. The story is just advancing too slow.

It's a classic. What else is there to say? :)

Wasn't a fan of the biblical analogies regarding Scully's child but many shows get kinda wonky near the end.

I really enjoyed the X-Files when I was younger (about 10-14 years). Thursday evenings were X-File evenings :)

I never rewatched the show. I'm afraid I wouldn't like it as much as I did back then ...

I was an adult by the time the show went off the air and I also enjoyed it. It was frustrating (in a bad way), though, that the over-arching plot never went anywhere...or maybe that it went all over the place but never arrived.

Still, I've thought about going through and watching the series from the beginning; our broadcast TV antenna couldn't pick up FOX when the series started so I'm certain there are lots of episodes I've never seen. I'm a Blockbuster subscriber so I could get the DVDs sent to my mailbox as I want them, but I'm doubtful I ever will simply because there are SO MANY. My wife and I went through Star Trek (TOS) and Babylon 5 and enjoyed them. Stargate SG-1 became a slog and there's only one more season of it than X-Files. I don't know that I could or would want to do the same for a series that I know has an unsatisfying ending.

I've been seriously thinking of adding Millenium to my queue, though. I never watched more than a few episodes when it was on. Sadly, I'm pretty sure it was canceled before it finished its story...

I've been seriously thinking of adding Millenium to my queue, though. I never watched more than a few episodes when it was on. Sadly, I'm pretty sure it was canceled before it finished its story...

I watched through the whole series last year and loved almost every minute of it. I'm not sure whether Chris Carter & Co. were planning on extending the storyline to a fourth season, but unlike The X-Files, I didn't think Millennium ended on a bum note.

when i was studying film and i was the last one to edit so i had a 4 month of doing nothing, i had myself a X-flies marathon and the best episode is the cancer mans flashback when he was younger and hehe that episodes whit the mutant or what he is that love cher. i am a big fan of the twillight zone so i liked the stand alone episodes with the creatures more the main episodes

I loved the character of the Cigarette Smoking Man, he really made the show. Also the character of Deepthroat was very well done, and actors for the CSM and Deepthroat were both top class. There were few episodes where they had screentime together. I dont remember what the episode was where they argued which one has the "privilidge" to end life of extraterrestrial being, but i do remember the scene was made very nicely and it had a feeling that the real men in black are back in the business :D

Many of the non-CSM episodes were good too. Like that human tubeworm monster and that squeezy guy Tooms. There was also weird episode including hyperspeed aircraft and roadside café. Im not sure was the café homage to the last episode of the Sapphire and Steel.

Edited by Tunza
corrected some spelling errors and made some more of them.

If you liked X-Files, you'll likely like Millennium. It's a very dark show, its main drawback is also slow pace, like with X-Files. I never got around to the third season after (spoiler averted), the end of the second was somewhat broken. It could have ended right there with 2 seasons, really, I wasn't sure what the 3rd is for.

I thought that Millennium ran out of steam the longer it went, although I remember watching the first several easily enough. I never really watched X-Files, despite it's popularity and links to things I was reading about at the time.