UFOs & Being Horrible: Part 3 (New Solution!)

Chris

I feel like I am late to most conversations. If this conversation hasn't yet moved on ...

Looks interesting. I have questions.

how would Fog of war work in these interior maps? As soon as you are in, do you see the whole layout or is only the visible bit visible and the rest just black? Not so much of an issue this is on light scout, but as they get larger .. .

How would hiding work? Once this floor layout it visiable, are aliens not in immediate sight still hidden/not shown?

. it is possible the toggle all walls to ankle height would be possible though. (since TGL RF works) but it would mean more work for Aaron with extra ankle high tiles :P

I think ankle high would help me a lot. It gives a sense that the walls still exist/are physically in not visibly present, but are cut away. I appreciate that this would be extra work though.

Don't thought I will interfere with this topic again. Well, I just some time ago tryed to cut one of my models and last time i did it too complicated and there I looked is this will work as i expected(after my forest I little better undestand how things behave in game) if I do it much more easy (I cut it to just three parts now and it looks working) and at the same time to test related to this topic thing. Well, what I'm about, if main issue for now is too obstructing walls why not just make them smaller? You can make them any heigth, it's anyway not uniform sprites

As far as I anyway did it - I share it there

thumb.png

If you curios is it will work with multi level - it will

There no back sphere thing because it's just more of same work an less intresting

I use there some Raakku's things(chairs and computers) for tests. Walls and floor are game assets. I also tryed to something paint on it just out of interest and that was not just blank. Back walls also must become transparent but it not, not fully understand how this checks work, but it can

http://rghost.ru/41587800

I also know Chris for now do it completely different way(and I did this mostly for personal interest), but if I imagine it right how it work it can be possible to lately add(maybe via mod) such "actual hull" parts to interior maps(it's will be little better then sugested wireframes) but it's will little depends on how far they shift(go?) in their designs from actual interior bounds and is interior system work as i think.

Edited by zzz1010

It will work on anything (if I not miss something, well I can cut one of my larger to look, landingship looks relatively easy, but it's not intresting enough work, just more confusing and absolutly not needed for now), but it will not happen because it's oblitirate work they doing to implement new ufo handling system because such cutting models to sprites and make models with be able to contain their interior in mind(at least abt, and it's mostly about mulilevel parts) - it's making things totaly in old way and this is what they don't want to do. This why I say about maybe some time later mod

Edited by zzz1010

It's cute(and little embarrassing), but I think we have some misunderstanding.

I do not see what "more" I can add there,

and "mod" what I am mentioned there - I never mean it "by me", I'm about existing possibility(so far as it looks working).

I just tryed things to see how it will looks and work.

Yes. I don't think anyone thought you offered to mod all the ships by yourself. Hence my winking smiley.

But you posted a new kind of possible solution in a thread about "new solution" on a issue where i think many people still are hoping for another alternative. :)

Nice that you are trying anyways, cause as of now, with now "inner hull" and only inner walls. I am thinking maybe i should learn to mod myself.

And you also Raakku! Nice work. I didn't realize you said pretty much the same thing, since my brain can apparently only understand these things when presented in pictures! ;)

Edited by Voidfoam

• 1 month later...
Gauddlike - yes, we can do it your way and it'd probably work acceptably, but I don't see the need to have the (internal) hull walls there at all. It looks a bit weird to me.

Frankly, anything you do will look a bit weird. Gaud's solution reduces the disorienting effect of the lack of walls somewhat, and makes the interior of the UFO more interesting since you can see everything, while still keeping it simple and easy to implement. The latest suggestions in this thread are more cohesive, visually impressive, and true to the feel of original X-COM. My two cents, anyway.