Build V17.1 Released!

Still getting Desura problems. I've been checking back through the posts here for previous versions but each direct link seems to be a patch for an earlier version. Can you post the direct link for the latest full build and the patch(es) we need?

17.1 says version 17, if that's what you're seeing.

The 17.1 full download from Desura is the latest standalone. You can get it from Desura after you have created your account and linked it (which I'm assuming you have done). Just go to the games pages in Desura and look on the right hand side for the big ZIP file :) , and as noted it will say version 17 in the load screen as the executable was not recompiled.

You will need to have either the Desura client install or the standalone ZIP file on your system for at least V16.1 before you can patch it up.

Thanks Tass - but I have the (ongoing) problem that Desura refuses to update properly, failing part way through. I've tried four times now. The last standalone version I had was a good while back and I haven't been playing via Desura for a while either. Can you give me the link for the v16.1 zip so I can then patch it up?

Failed again on Desura...

"There was an error during the MCF download process and it has been stopped.

All Server connections failed.

Please check you are connected to the internet and try again or check console for more info."

20:40 Mcf download thread errored out. Id: 1, Error: Couldn't resolve host name (NULL/mcf) [Could not resolve host: NULL; No data record of requested type] [6]

Thanks Tass - but I have the (ongoing) problem that Desura refuses to update properly, failing part way through. I've tried four times now. The last standalone version I had was a good while back and I haven't been playing via Desura for a while either. Can you give me the link for the v16.1 zip so I can then patch it up?

http://www.goldhawkinteractive.com/forums/showthread.php/739-How-to-download-Xenonauts-without-using-Desura!

What about map generator in new builds ?

What about idle animation of soldiers ?

Thanks.

I agree I think the random map generator is something important for a game like this, and glad Chris is doing it (and hired a level designer), but the idle animations for soldiers???

Please, only if they finish the game, fix all the bugs, make the look and feel very polished THEN if you are still wondering what to do...then do this. First however, FINISH the game

ender101, you'd be as surprised as I was when I read (a while ago) that idle animations will be going in. Now, just a point to make about the maps. The maps are going to be semi-random. That is to say, the maps will be constructed out of sub-maps which have a random nature (depending on the sub-map). If you want TRULY random maps, Orumo already did that.

hmmm I had forgottn about idle animations. wonder what happens if you delete those spritesheets... or if there is any way to disable them?

You should be able to change the spectre quite easily (assuming it isn't stuck in this new compressed file format) to have static images, as they are currently.

It might even be worthwhile saving your current spectres and idle image files to turn them into a quick and easy mod if the animations don't look right to you.