Build V17.1 Released!

This is up on Desura now. It's been authorised for the standalones and on the branches. If it proves stable, we'll get it released on Mac and Linux too.

Hopefully this is the last build we'll release for a while. It's just V17 with two fixes:

1) The _basebuilt.xml has been updated so you no longer start with too much technology, and the alien base no longer spawns at the start of the game.

2) The civilians and friendly AI soldiers have been disabled on the Farmyard map to prevent the crashes from occurring. I think we've fixed the code bug at our end now but I'm not willing to take any chances any more.

THE LAUNCHER WILL STILL SAY V17 INSTEAD OF V17.1 - this is because I need to recompile the build to change the launcher background image, and doing so might add new bugs into the game. The .exes haven't changed since V17.

If you already have V17, you can update it by using this simple patch (less than 100kb):

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/26290309/V17.1%20patch.exe

I know you guys have a lot going on, but at what point will you know if the project is stable enough for a Mac release? I guess what I am asking is, how long approximately will we be waiting for a downloadable Mac release? And I mean that with all respect attached, I am not griping, just really wanting the Mac version!

After a long playtime i got my first crash via terrormission, hidden movement, invisible person-crash. I need another terrormission because it was the first one i had :-(

Beside of this crah the game worked a realy long time fine.

Edit: i play on ironman so i had to start at the same terrormission and i got the exactly same crash.

I will try it a third time but i think i have to start a new game.

Edited by karnak

Hello, just wanted to say i had a crash during the terror mission :P

And totaly btw- just got here after being dissapointed by the new X-Com (nice game tbh but very simple). I totaly support your game, it`s already awesome even with theese crashes ;P

EDIT:

It always crashes at the end of the same round (1st one :D), sometimes i can see a "shadow" running before the crash.

Edited by pysiu

Put off buying this for a while now but after seeing how terrible the other XCom remake is I couldn't resist helping a proper one. Why did I ever hesitate?

That`s a new game based on original series. Based, not copying or remaking anything.

Hello, just wanted to say i had a crash during the terror mission :P

And totaly btw- just got here after being dissapointed by the new X-Com (nice game tbh but very simple). I totaly support your game, it`s already awesome even with theese crashes ;P

EDIT:

It always crashes at the end of the same round (1st one :D), sometimes i can see a "shadow" running before the crash.

Just a gentle reminder folks.. please report crashs and bugs in the Bug report section .. much more likely to be seen and noticed there.

Thanks!