More weapon types.

radekus

Make the game slow paced, meaning, go by reseached and manufactured tech.

If you got an upgrade, aliens get one too.

Aw, I really, really don't like that idea. You shouldn't be able to lock the aliens at a low tech level by not researching/using certain things -- such a system is just ripe to be exploited (and feels really artificial).

his is why I dissliked

the x-com remake, it was too rushed, regardless of your tech level,

they just kept going. I get the idea behind it, but it kills the game when it's too short like that.

EU's progression issue was more that the early-game alien types were almost completely replaced later on, not to mention that the mid-game aliens were around for way too short (particularly Cyberdiscs). I presume Xenonauts will do it more like the original game (where you'd still see early-game aliens later on), so I don't think it will be that much of an issue.

Edited by AvistTorch

Each race is split into a certain number of classes. On the one end, you have non-combatants, on the other you have captains and commanders. I suspect that UFOs regardless of size or period in the game will always be staffed with non-coms - so there's always something to measure the progression of your research and troopers against, both high-end and low-end.

It was way too fast paced. I finished the game so fast I didn't even research everything.

It was just too fast paced with not enough mission types. There's only so much

ufo crash/terror/abduction missions I'm willing to do before I get bored.

As for the other missions...

I fail to understand why aliens would plant a bomb in a city when they can just use

a battleship and deploy space cannons to bombard the same city to smitherines...

Protecting VIP's should've had at least some local forces fighitng the aliens,

as for the aliens themselves, there were not that many. From what I see

in Xenonauts, I'm seeing some promise.

The reason why I think games like this should be bigger and longer is that

this is a war, not a spec ops operation in some remote jungle.

I hope you guys understand what scope I'm thinking of.

This is why I like this game (xenonauts), you can have many troops in one mission.

It's realistic in that aspect.

However, for some reason this game still crashes,

had my first terror mission and second turn in I got a crash.

Something to do with AI mechanics crashed it, maybe,

it was during AI movement, I have no idea what it was.

Hopefully this is resolved, would make a good game.

Migs are useless :( should have longer range to deploy missles and get outa there.

However, for some reason this game still crashes,

had my first terror mission and second turn in I got a crash.

Something to do with AI mechanics crashed it, maybe,

it was during AI movement, I have no idea what it was.

Hopefully this is resolved, would make a good game.

Migs are useless :( should have longer range to deploy missles and get outa there.

You realize it's not close to finished yet, right? I'm sure your concerns will be addressed by the time it goes "Gold".

why would those be better? *curious* :)

The regular rocketlauncer is indeed too overkill. There could be option to have lighter RPO-variant at the beginning of the game and heavier rocketlauncher later. The RPO is singleshot device and comes with different "loads". Like incendiary, thermo and smoke. So there would be some choises to make when selecting which versions you take to the field. Ofc, later in the game it could be cool to research RPO-rocket that stuns the enemy with gas.

The regular rocketlauncer is indeed too overkill. There could be option to have lighter RPO-variant at the beginning of the game and heavier rocketlauncher later. The RPO is singleshot device and comes with different "loads". Like incendiary, thermo and smoke. So there would be some choises to make when selecting which versions you take to the field. Ofc, later in the game it could be cool to research RPO-rocket that stuns the enemy with gas.

Dig into the assets folder, you'll be surprised what you find.

You realize it's not close to finished yet, right? I'm sure your concerns will be addressed by the time it goes "Gold".

I hear two different opinions on this.

One is: don't give us crazy suggestions it's close to Beta.

Two is: Not finished yet.

So... which is it? (trolling)

I'm not complaining, I'm suggesting small changes,

ones which can be easily implementable to make the game

smoother. I don't know if my concerns were mentioned yet

so I write what I think, ain't that the point of this section of the forum?

I hear two different opinions on this.

One is: don't give us crazy suggestions it's close to Beta.

Two is: Not finished yet.

So... which is it? (trolling)

I'm not complaining, I'm suggesting small changes,

ones which can be easily implementable to make the game

smoother. I don't know if my concerns were mentioned yet

so I write what I think, ain't that the point of this section of the forum?

It's both! :P they are in the process of implementing things they have worked on for a while (and most likely intended from the start)but not quite finished yet. Large crazy new change suggestions will probably take to much time to implement. but the things in the works aren't in yet because they aren't done and still being worked on. :P

Yes, yes it is. :)

And before you start saying it's too much, common, get corporate loans from the government

to hire animators to make videos and better graphics,

(assuming the company is incorporated as a private corporation meaning no liability to the owners).

Who cares if the coropration goes bust because of loans, before it does start another one and sell your current assets to it,

i.e. finished product and liescence. There's ways to make a game epic, there's ways to get money,

just gotta know em. You think everything in the world is perfect? Look around you, everything is a scam,

I'm graduating in business school, I've already seen real business at work, you'd be surprised what people get away with.

If you set your mind to it, you can do it. So the government looses a few grand, woopie dee do.

you're creating jobs man, jobs!

Gorlom,

The only issue I see is hiring new programmers to make the job go quicker

is that first they have to go through all that code x_X to figure out how the game is built.

Yea, I get it, it takes time to do that, at first.

Once they figure it out with the help of the main programmers,

the job can go faster.

radekus I don't even know what your suggestion is. I just responded to that one post. :P

(going back through you quoting stellarrat and him quoted you, you seem to suggest that they fix crash bugs... which is not really any change at all.)

Edit: oh right, you made the entire thread. nvm :P

Edited by Gorlom

Changing graphics is "easily added?" I don't think so.

Depends what you want changed. granted, when you have a 2-D scenery that depends heavily on 2D drawings,

graphics becomes an issue. However, there is a command called copy and another one called paste.

All you have to do is allign certain pieces of drawings to match with pre existing ones.

The issue is frames, I get it, this game has a bounch. Would've been easier if you had

one of those fancy programs that animates sprites automatically, of course that would change the game

to a 3-D format. Point is, modern artwork relies heavily on 3-D, you have more ressources available

to you to make the game progress faster. Guess that's something to consider next time around.

I'm not sure if anything like this exists in 2-D, apart from photoshop obviously being one of the

only proper tools for the job in question that I know of, making a reference to the layer option here.