V27.3 Experimental Released (Closed Beta)

This is the third hotfix for V27, and hopefully the last. It breaks saved games so if you want to continue playing V27.2, please switch the the Experimental Legacy branch. 

Changelog:

• Cleaner Cell missions are now unlocked at 50% progress on the Cleaner network, not immediately. The number of desks in the Cleaner Intel Hub mission has now been reduced to 20, meaning it's no longer possible to unlock the Cleaner Cells before you've encountered your first UFO.
  • Quantum Decoder is now called the Quantum Array, and is a global upgrade for the standard radar rather than being a seperate building.
  • HEVY and MARS smoke launchers no longer cause damage or armour destruction.
  • Did a readability pass on the first few Xenopedia research projects.
  • Fixed a crash when firing the MARS smoke launcher.
  • Fixed the Dragonfly dropship engineering project actually giving you the Valkyrie.
  • Fixed the Cleaner Cell missions still not registering that you'd captured the VIP in some cases.
  • Fixed not being able to change the equipment of Unassigned soldiers.
  • Fixed air superiority missions not actually attacking Xenonaut aircraft.
  • Fixed the tutorial being impossible to complete on Commander difficulty.

On 5/19/2023 at 1:10 PM, Chris said:

This is the third hotfix for V27, and hopefully the last. It breaks saved games so if you want to continue playing V27.2, please switch the the Experimental Legacy branch. 

Changelog:

• HEVY and MARS smoke launchers no longer cause damage or armour destruction.

Did you also fixed item destruction caused by those smoke launchers?

Unsure if I should discuss this in the latest hotfix thread or the main V27 thread so apologies if this is in the wrong place. I get that you need 10 of the Cleaner Data to complete that mission and that there are up to 10 additional ones you can get to sell. After the mission however there are 20 in my inventory and available to sell. Have the original 10 been used for whatever was needed and all 20 are fine to sell at that point? It's a little unclear so you may want to give a short "We're done. Feel free to make some quick cash /fluff /fluff /fluff" message to help spell it out for dense players like me.

I think the static maps could be cool for stuff like this but am only on my second playthrough. However, having a mission type other than take over a crashed UFO, stop the terror attack, or destroy an alien base is really nice. It helps break up game periods of a lot of similar segments ( which are still good ) and helps flesh out the world.

The Cleaner-Data’s get reduced, exactly why you were unable to beat them with beginning Techs (Defender / Standard-Guns). That was a whish from the most Beta-Testers and it´s cool to get it in. Esp. not to overstrain the Ocassion-Gamers which will buy the Game in Early Access / Full Release.

You buy your Organisation time to get advanced Tech (Acceleration Guns [esp. Pistols, Rifles, Shotguns and Fighter-Cannon] / the upgraded Defender-Armor [Warden]) or more something better later on (Laser-Weapons [esp. LMG, Sniper, Pistols]) to hold your existing Troopers alive.

That little better Winning-Advancement with the Warden-Armor and Accelerated Weapons you will see in the first [Sentry-Guns] / second [advanced Armor] easier to manage Cleaner-Cells then, where you get more Data-Discs too if you want and the living Cell-Commander if you can catch them alive.

The 3rd Cell [Advanced Guns] I personaly wouldn´t attack with normal Weapons / Armor. There the Advanced Upgrade for all Soldiers is a must have. Evtl. something better after the 2nd UFO (Destroyer) and minimum 2 Assistance-Vehicles with Alloy Armor.

Edited by Alienkiller

15 hours ago, Old Doggy Bastard said:

Unsure if I should discuss this in the latest hotfix thread or the main V27 thread so apologies if this is in the wrong place. I get that you need 10 of the Cleaner Data to complete that mission and that there are up to 10 additional ones you can get to sell. After the mission however there are 20 in my inventory and available to sell. Have the original 10 been used for whatever was needed and all 20 are fine to sell at that point? It's a little unclear so you may want to give a short "We're done. Feel free to make some quick cash /fluff /fluff /fluff" message to help spell it out for dense players like me.

I think the static maps could be cool for stuff like this but am only on my second playthrough. However, having a mission type other than take over a crashed UFO, stop the terror attack, or destroy an alien base is really nice. It helps break up game periods of a lot of similar segments ( which are still good ) and helps flesh out the world.

Yeah, you're free to sell the data as soon as you get back. I can see how it's unclear though, and I'll think about how we can indicate that to the player.

The static maps do get a bit tedious after a while, but the goal is to have three different potential maps for each of the static Cleaner missions so it's less repetitive than it would be if there were just one.

17 hours ago, CaptainSPrice said:

Did you also fixed item destruction caused by those smoke launchers?

17 hours ago, CaptainSPrice said:

@Chris I gonna test 27.3 now but i feel like you gonna be still able to abuse Cleaner Cells. If you want chris i can livestream my gameplay on Discord if you want watch.

Yes, the item destruction should also be fixed. And yeah, you're still going to be able to abuse Cleaner Cells if you want. I'm still thinking about how to fix that, it's not something we'll be fixing overnight.