v27.1 crash

bob g

On 5/12/2023 at 10:59 PM, bob g said:

cant load any tactical combat missions after shouting down game

try to load any saves loads to 90 percent goes straight to desktop.

Hi bob - would you mind posting the saves and logs for us to look at? There's a sticky at the top of the forum that explains where they are.

It's possible you're having the same issue as Emily but I'm not quite sure, what we think caused her problems might not be a very common problem.

On 5/15/2023 at 12:26 PM, Emily_F said:

Ooo, what caused mine?  Like Bob's mine would get to 90% and CTD with no warning. 

A Xenonaut unit was equipped a destroyed item, and items are destroyed by explosions if the unit holding them is killed. We think it's caused when a unit kills a target with an explosive weapon, but they're also in the blast radius.

• Like 1

I may have also run into this. I did kill a Sebillian with a pair of grenades as shown on Turn 6, in both cases the nearer soldier (Lt. Carol Eriksen) should have been 1 tile outside the blast radius, and didn't suffer any obvious damage from either grenade. Autosave at the start of Turn 6 loads, autosave at end of Turn 6 crashes to desktop.

grenade1.jpg

grenade2.jpg

auto_groundcombat_turn_6_end-466.json output.log.zip auto_groundcombat_turn_6_start-465.json

• Like 1

18 hours ago, SoftwareSimian said:

I may have also run into this. I did kill a Sebillian with a pair of grenades as shown on Turn 6, in both cases the nearer soldier (Lt. Carol Eriksen) should have been 1 tile outside the blast radius, and didn't suffer any obvious damage from either grenade. Autosave at the start of Turn 6 loads, autosave at end of Turn 6 crashes to desktop.

grenade1.jpg

grenade2.jpg

auto_groundcombat_turn_6_end-466.json 2.03 MB · 0 downloads output.log.zip 194.43 kB · 0 downloads auto_groundcombat_turn_6_start-465.json 2.01 MB · 0 downloads

Thanks. This will come in very handy if people keep experiencing the same bug in V27.2, I'm sure - but I fingers crossed we've fixed it already.