[Ground Combat] Do unrevealed obstacles in the line of fire decrease chance to hit?

I was wondering - does the wheelbarrow hidden in the fog of war only influence chance to hit as soon as it is revealed or already before, but not reflected by shown numbers?

I guess it makes sense that you cannot detect hidden obstacles by aiming through the fog of war, but does it still inflict the shot? - see images:

image.thumb.jpeg.ee71e17142543cd0a4703c32466dd63f.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.2820b0488e1d90bf742320ed5a11b391.jpeg

This looks more like a bug of the fog of war not revealing things that should have been visible, rather than a question of if something that isn't visible due to fog of war should be taken into consideration of to hit calculations. Frankly if it is in a soldier's way of their shot, they should be able to see it unless their shot is completely blocked already.

On 5/10/2023 at 6:33 PM, Flo said:

I was wondering - does the wheelbarrow hidden in the fog of war only influence chance to hit as soon as it is revealed or already before, but not reflected by shown numbers?

I guess it makes sense that you cannot detect hidden obstacles by aiming through the fog of war, but does it still inflict the shot? - see images:

image.thumb.jpeg.ee71e17142543cd0a4703c32466dd63f.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.2820b0488e1d90bf742320ed5a11b391.jpeg

Hmmm. I honestly don't know, but my suspicion is that if it's not part of the calculation when you take the shot, it doesn't reduce the accuracy of that shot.

This actually seems like an issue with the fire path algorithm. There's no reason why the shot shouldn't be able to travel through the visible tiles and not tag the wheelbarrow at all, and I'm a little surprised that it isn't doing that.

But it's not an issue I've noticed myself before in all my time playing, so I'm guessing it doesn't happen that often, which means there's probably more important things for us to be spending dev time on right now.