V27.1 - Combat mission - Ammo has no rounds

1 hour ago, Emily_F said:

This soldier ran out of ammo.  In the attached save, she is stood next to another guy who has a spare laser rifle mag.  I got him to drop it, and she picked it up, but there are no rounds in it. If you click on her backpack in the second save, you can see the mag with a 0 on it. 

image.thumb.png.f6b11bb30b640fb5d4bd7b30d425c18e.png

auto_groundcombat_turn_4_end-79.json 1.76 MB · 0 downloads auto_groundcombat_turn_5_start-80.json 1.71 MB · 0 downloads

Thanks. Hmm. I can't reproduce this one either - it feels like the save might be a little too early in the sequence, perhaps?

In the second save, if I drop the Laser Battery and then move the second soldier onto it, I can drag the ammo directly onto the gun and it swaps places with the empty clip in the gun. That leaves the gun reloaded and an empty clip on the ground. Is that not what's happening for you?

Also, have you hacked the game in some way or is the fact she has 992HP a bug we should be looking into?

image.png

On 5/10/2023 at 10:19 AM, Emily_F said:

@Chris I tried loading it straight into the rifle but that didn't work (both from the ground and from the backpack).  As for the health being 992 - that was me cheating with Ctrl-U :o

OK, fair enough re the health then.

For the rifle reload, can you test with the save you provided? If it's not working for you there, can you write out the steps you're doing? Because it seems like we're maybe trying to do things differently.