[v27.0 Cleaner Cell] Unable to complete mission with captured leader

Trying to complete my second Cleaner Cell mission.

I stunned the Psyon, got the checkmark for "Enemy leader captured".
Stuffed him in my "belt", carried him back to the ship.
Got the checkmark that 8/8 soldiers are in the dropship (one died, I carried his corpse back anyways just in case).
Mission won't complete.
Took Psyon out of my belt, no change.
One of my soldiers also got smoke-stunned and I had carried them back to dropship, but I noticed when I moused-over the soldier number at the top with "Zzz" it highlighted the location where the solder had fallen unconscious, where their body was last seen on the ground (shown with box in attached). So I took him out of my belt, and the ground-location then updated to him being in the dropship. But I already had 8/8 soldiers back, mission won't complete. Revived stunned soldier with medkit. Mission won't complete.
Medkit-revived unconscious Psyon soldier back to life, inside the dropship (that seems like a terrible idea). Mission won't complete. Stunned him again. That had a weird visual bug where he fell to the ground unconscious and immediately stood up again as a ghost (I could move a solder onto that tile and see his unconscious body on the floor).

So I'm stuck, can't complete this mission. Maybe if I revive him again and kill him? But we're supposed to capture...

Three bugs:
1) can't complete with captured leader
2) unconscious soldier shows location where they were last on the ground even if they have been carried elsewhere (until they're put down)
3) stunning a previously-stunned-then-revived alien makes it faint-and-reanimate

captured.jpg

soldier3-location.jpg

soldier3-in-belt-in-dropship.jpg

user_day_39_cleaner_cell_9_leader_in_dropship_backpack-14.json

6 hours ago, SoftwareSimian said:

Trying to complete my second Cleaner Cell mission.

I stunned the Psyon, got the checkmark for "Enemy leader captured".
Stuffed him in my "belt", carried him back to the ship.
Got the checkmark that 8/8 soldiers are in the dropship (one died, I carried his corpse back anyways just in case).
Mission won't complete.
Took Psyon out of my belt, no change.
One of my soldiers also got smoke-stunned and I had carried them back to dropship, but I noticed when I moused-over the soldier number at the top with "Zzz" it highlighted the location where the solder had fallen unconscious, where their body was last seen on the ground (shown with box in attached). So I took him out of my belt, and the ground-location then updated to him being in the dropship. But I already had 8/8 soldiers back, mission won't complete. Revived stunned soldier with medkit. Mission won't complete.
Medkit-revived unconscious Psyon soldier back to life, inside the dropship (that seems like a terrible idea). Mission won't complete. Stunned him again. That had a weird visual bug where he fell to the ground unconscious and immediately stood up again as a ghost (I could move a solder onto that tile and see his unconscious body on the floor).

So I'm stuck, can't complete this mission. Maybe if I revive him again and kill him? But we're supposed to capture...

Three bugs:
1) can't complete with captured leader
2) unconscious soldier shows location where they were last on the ground even if they have been carried elsewhere (until they're put down)
3) stunning a previously-stunned-then-revived alien makes it faint-and-reanimate

captured.jpg

soldier3-location.jpg

soldier3-in-belt-in-dropship.jpg

user_day_39_cleaner_cell_9_leader_in_dropship_backpack-14.json 1.58 MB · 0 downloads

Thanks, that's a very useful save file. Yeah, looks like there's several bugs here.

The main issue is that the game just doesn't seem to be registering if you bring the stunned alien back to the dropship for some reason, so we'll look into that. I think in this case I'd probably just revive and kill the alien while we fix the bug!

We'll take a look at the other bugs too.

45 minutes ago, Flo said:

Just to add:

If you abort the mission via menu with the stunned VIP onboard, the debrief actually does confirm the captured VIP ... but you still get a defeat. (27.1)

Cleaner Leader captured - debrief after abort.jpg

Thanks. Yeah, I did try this myself and noticed that. The programmer responsible is looking into it anyway.