Smoke in X2 is just the best thing ever

I don't think smoke will work on every enemy (enemy automated or robotic units, as they are immune to stun damage), and from X1 I know the sebillians ignored the smoke accuracy penalty. and as smoke stun is rather low it will work early on as a "gas grenade" to clear UFO's, but will eventually become less usefull in this function as enemy stun tresholds increase.

as such I think it lacks the versitality and oomph needed to actually do a pacifist run. but this doesn't mean that it isn't a good method in the early game to get captives and clear UFO's by smoking the inhabitants untill they lose consiousness by oxygen starvation.

Hmmm. Yeah, this is something we're going to need to fix - but I imagine it's going to have to be after the Early Access launch, as we've got a proper AI overhaul planned then. We just don't have time until then.

Until then you'll have to resist the temptation to cheese the whole game using smokes :)

20 hours ago, Chris said:

Hmmm. Yeah, this is something we're going to need to fix - but I imagine it's going to have to be after the Early Access launch, as we've got a proper AI overhaul planned then. We just don't have time until then.

Until then you'll have to resist the temptation to cheese the whole game using smokes :)

You say cheese... but Commander difficulty is incredibly punishing.  I think I would be taking immense casualties without extensive smoke use.  UFO #1 started with a whopping 15 aliens!  I can't even imagine how crowded late game Battleships or Dreadnaughts will become at this difficulty.  Can't wait to find out.  =D

?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett

Also, there is a bug with the HEVY Smoke Launcher.  When you reload it, it will sometimes CTD Crash to Desktop.  Very annoying, especially if I'm running 4 or more HEVY Smokers.

https://steamcommunity.com/app/538030/discussions/3/3820782448890684521/

Edited by Kerensky

This use of smoke is very similar to the way we used to use stun gas, in that you would fire a couple of shoots into a room that contained Aliens, and just wait a couple of turns and go in to find the Aliens resting in the arms of Morpheus, it was like a dream come true.