Build V16.5 Testing!

OK, so there's a third patch for you to test. I'm going to name the next build V16.5 just to save confusion (though it won't help too much as the launcher text won't update from V16.1, so never mind).

Before I release it on Desura, I want to test it here a bit more. I have produced a third patch in an attempt to fix the Farm crash bug.

To apply it, you need the latest V16.1 standalone (or Desura client download), a clean copy if you've already been applying the earlier patches I've made. Then grab the patch here:

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/26290309/V16.5%20update.exe

Once you've got it, run the .exe and then start a fresh game (it won't cure existing crashing saved games) and report back if you get any CTDs. I've removed the two earlier patches from dropbox so everyone knows they're getting the right patch, but it's called V16.5 this time around.

Chris is this patch meant to be for the current desura clean install.

I tried to install and it says soldier_spectre.xml unknown version in assets\units\civilians\farm\malefarmer2\soldier_spectre.xml

1sec looks like Desura wasnt properly updating my game files

I am updating 16.1 now

Edited by flashman

Hello, I installed the patch on the 16.1 stand alone (I've given up on desura for now). Installed fine, and I've played one farm map without crashing. However, I am still getting invisible civillians on the desert map (only played farm and desert maps for now).

Dropbox Lin to screenshot.

EDIT : I patched a clean install of the 16.1 stand alone, and started a new game. *

more invisible civies, not sure if this counts as a desert map though.

Dropbox Lin to screenshot 2.

My tank cannot get out of the dropship on this map though (same map as the screenshot above) -

link to dropbox screenshot, immobile tank

On the plus side, no crashes so far!

I spoke to soon, after 15-16 ufos, I finally got my second farm map, and just as a civillian jumped a hedge or fence (happen too quickly) the game CTD.

Edited by Orion
additional info

Hi

i have updated the 16.1 standalone (deleted all save files) with the 16.5 patch but still have invisible civilians, dead aliens who stands and wont go down ;-) and had a crash on the third farm map. Sorry for the bad news and my bad english.

CTD on my second Farmland map attempt. Not actually sure it was from the invisi-civvies jumping something or not though, couldn't tell, stuff was going by way too quickly. It actually kinda seemed like it had more to do with my guys getting shot at than anything else, from the context of what was happening at the moment of crash. (I.E., the sounds of being shot at.)

Also, it seems like the tank just will not move on the first mission no matter what, but after that it's completely fine. Not sure if it's only for the first mission, or for the first mission where you decide to bring a Hunter with. Regardless, it seems like the map doesn't matter, just that the tank refuses to get off the stupid chopper, but only for the one mission. Currently, I'm rationalizing it as some idiot forgot to put the gasoline in before the first op.

Great news! Well, standalone downloaded, Desura version Un-installed, new patch applied, let´s see.. at the moment I´m not experiencing any crashes :)

edit: got my first crash in a Hidden Movement in a Farm & bugs walking through walls also.. some sprite animations from my soldiers seems missing too.. at least for me.

Edited by Ãœbermensch