v26.3 stable ground combat- game crashes after attempting 0% MARS rocket burst fire

Originally, I could not make this bug report here, so I pinged Chris on discord instead, and I made another topic here after I could get back onto the foruns. I tried using MARS burst rocket fire on a few sectons in smoke that had a 0% chance of hitting and the game crashed to desktop after showing red error text. (originally had to compress the log file in order to send it through discord initially) 

Repro steps in video

auto_groundcombat_turn_2_start-310.json output.log.zip

On 3/5/2023 at 6:12 AM, Kamehamehayes said:

Originally, I could not make this bug report here, so I pinged Chris on discord instead, and I made another topic here after I could get back onto the foruns. I tried using MARS burst rocket fire on a few sectons in smoke that had a 0% chance of hitting and the game crashed to desktop after showing red error text. (originally had to compress the log file in order to send it through discord initially) 

Repro steps in video

auto_groundcombat_turn_2_start-310.json 2.31 MB · 1 download output.log.zip 488.9 kB · 1 download

Thanks. This is weird; I can't seem to reproduce it even if I follow the steps in your video. We'll take a look at the logs to see if we can figure out what the problem might be.

1 hour ago, Chris said:

Thanks. This is weird; I can't seem to reproduce it even if I follow the steps in your video. We'll take a look at the logs to see if we can figure out what the problem might be.

That's weird. I was able to reproduce after following those exact steps, and was able to crash 100% of the time. 

21 hours ago, Kamehamehayes said:

That's weird. I was able to reproduce after following those exact steps, and was able to crash 100% of the time. 

Hmm. I just tried again and I still can't. Did you start this campaign in V26.3 or did it begin in an earlier version of the game?

I began in an earlier version of v26. All of the patch notes seemed to say that the saves were compatible with each other, so I just continued a playthrough from v26.0 that was updated through all of the hotfixes that came out afterwards. 

Edited by Kamehamehayes

23 hours ago, Kamehamehayes said:

I began in an earlier version of v26. All of the patch notes seemed to say that the saves were compatible with each other, so I just continued a playthrough from v26.0 that was updated through all of the hotfixes that came out afterwards. 

Yeah. I think it is compatible, broadly speaking - but I think maybe my inability to reproduce it is caused by you having some older data in your campaign. If I try and reproduce the sequence of actions then I get a different outcome (and units take different damage etc).

It's no big thing. If this is a "proper" crash that's not caused by out of date data then I imagine someone else will encounter it soon enough and hopefully we'll be able to fix it then.