V26.3 - I got the Ares sound issue!!

Emily_F

@Chris I have managed to capture the sound issue with the Ares sound not stopping after it moves.   I have attached the save at the start of the turn, a save after it has moved (though I took a shot at a wall in front of it before remembering to save the game), and the log file.  Hopefully this will let you identify the issue. 

user_sound_issue-18.json auto_groundcombat_turn_6_start-354.json output.log

• Like 3

18 hours ago, Gijs-Jan said:

Is the bug reproducible for you when loading from the start of turn? And what are the steps to reproduce the bug?

@Chris and @Gijs-Jan I have good news! It is reproducible.  I loaded the save from the start of the turn, moved the Ares (soldier 10 in the list) through the door in the pic, breaking down an internal barrier on the way (see pic).  The movement sound stays on after it has gone thru the door. 

image.thumb.png.72e4ec4042eb7a30cd5cd4527ae27c04.png

• Like 1

I think I have found what is causing the issue - I have attached a save from another mission.  If you select Ares (soldier 5 in the list) and follow the path shown in this pic, as soon as it breaks through the barrier (circled in yellow) it reliably reproduces the sound issue.  Interestingly, it doesn't happen if you don't break the barrier.  Nor does it happen if you go through the door and stop before hitting the barrier, then go through the barrier.  It seems to only happen if you go through a door THEN go through some sort of obstacle.  Also, once it is triggered, even if you reload the attached save without quitting first, the sound error loads too, even though you have moved the Ares back to the start. 

image.thumb.png.e17418946fdb28a532b332a50a08e083.png

output.log

output.log auto_groundcombat_turn_5_start-364.json

Edited by Emily_F
  • Like 1

So, I had moved the Ares in the same save that wasn't making a noise this time as I didn't go through the door and the barrier in one move. It was on the teleport pad as shown below and moved across the other teleport pad and the sound doubled in loudness, then it went through the barrier before stopping in the final position with the sound error happening.  

image.thumb.png.1d669dfadef568d87089ff81b775cb1a.png

Edited by Emily_F
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Emily_F said:

@Chris and @Gijs-Jan I have good news! It is reproducible.  I loaded the save from the start of the turn, moved the Ares (soldier 10 in the list) through the door in the pic, breaking down an internal barrier on the way (see pic).  The movement sound stays on after it has gone thru the door. 

image.thumb.png.72e4ec4042eb7a30cd5cd4527ae27c04.png

Ah, that's really great. Yeah, I can reproduce it from this too now. Appreciate the time you spent digging into this a lot - should be easy to fix now!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1