[V26.2 - Geoscape] CTD On clicking start mission for a terror mission

Demon

When the transport ship arrived at my first terror mission of a new game the game crashed to desktop on clicking start mission.

Error from logs attached - Common.Content.Managers.ContentRuntimeException: A fatal error occurred during Update[] - The load screen failed to load some assets. See previous error logs for which assets failed.

output.log

21 hours ago, Demon said:

When the transport ship arrived at my first terror mission of a new game the game crashed to desktop on clicking start mission.

Error from logs attached - Common.Content.Managers.ContentRuntimeException: A fatal error occurred during Update[] - The load screen failed to load some assets. See previous error logs for which assets failed.

output.log 4.01 MB · 0 downloads

Thanks. If you've got a save game from earlier in the strategy layer that'd be great. Apparently it crashed because it couldn't find the load screen, and I'm not sure what might cause that so a save game would be handy to try and reproduce it ourselves.

These are the saves before. I just loaded the the auto_strategy and it loaded ok.

Auto save is day 23

user_day_22 is when the terror mission popped up and I waiting several hours before launching the transport craft so I would get there in the daytime. Edit - I think I just fast forwarded time until I slowed down again to launch the transport.

user_day_22_manual_save-9.json auto_strategy_before_combat-1.json

Edited by Demon

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/25/2023 at 1:54 AM, Demon said:

These are the saves before. I just loaded the the auto_strategy and it loaded ok.

Auto save is day 23

user_day_22 is when the terror mission popped up and I waiting several hours before launching the transport craft so I would get there in the daytime. Edit - I think I just fast forwarded time until I slowed down again to launch the transport.

user_day_22_manual_save-9.json 287.11 kB · 1 download auto_strategy_before_combat-1.json 241.35 kB · 1 download

Hmmm. Seems to load fine for me, but I'll discuss the crash logs with the programmers and see if there's anything we can discover from them.