Ethnicity Representation

On 2/15/2023 at 1:55 PM, heavy disruptor beam said:

How many non whites depicted in the artwork / characters?

I’m saving the game for myself over Xmas 2023, but couldn’t resist a quick look on YouTube, and it looked pretty white bread.

I only mention this because I want the game and it’s creators to succeed (and avoid potential criticism).

There's only really two other important characters in the game and while both are white, there's plenty of diversity among the soldiers you can hire in terms of gender / nationality / ethnicity (arguably unrealistically so, given the setting).

4 hours ago, Chris said:

There's only really two other important characters in the game and while both are white, there's plenty of diversity among the soldiers you can hire in terms of gender / nationality / ethnicity (arguably unrealistically so, given the setting).

I always thought Chief Scientist has some Japanese blood from his c@cky looks ;)

Speaking of which, though characters are surely not the main focus of the game, I do wonder what's Op Director's role in campaign despite blabbering with Chief Scientist. You can pay a visit to Chief Scientist every time you want to research something, though Op Director on the other hand is hard to find in-game despite being an advisor for tutorials I guess?

Also I do think it's not nessesary to have a fixed character art for the Commander aka the Player, a black silhouette would be enough, as characters like this often remains that way :)

Edited by EurekaSeven