v16.1 Air Combat/Geoscape oddity

So, I had a team of 3 F-17s returning from a mission, and an alien fighter kept initiating combat with them, (I was low on fuel, so I was trying to ignore them.) The problem being, it was a lone alien fighter, so every time it started combat, it would run. So it kept starting combat because that's what alien fighters do, and then it kept running once it got into the actual battle, because it was out-numbered. It repeated this until my fighters returned to base. I haven't seen this particular bug mentioned yet, so here it is.

v16.1 October 16th

I can vouch for that in 17.1 as well, including what happens if it does it for long enough and/or if you run the Geoscape at max speed: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v324/Zinn/doublefight.jpg

This event results in a CTD every single time. I am basically forced to ground my planes when there are lots of UFOs about because their fighters are faster than my F17s, so they'll initiate combat 10 times in a row and this event inevitably occurs.

So, I had a team of 3 F-17s returning from a mission, and an alien fighter kept initiating combat with them, (I was low on fuel, so I was trying to ignore them.) The problem being, it was a lone alien fighter, so every time it started combat, it would run. So it kept starting combat because that's what alien fighters do, and then it kept running once it got into the actual battle, because it was out-numbered. It repeated this until my fighters returned to base. I haven't seen this particular bug mentioned yet, so here it is.

v16.1 October 16th

It's not a bug as such, but more of a flaw with how it's implemented currently.

I've previously posted that it should be fixed up in the Suggestions section of the forums as it's a right old pain in the backside and not fun at all.

I would appreciate if if you'd post in that thread in support of the system being looked at.