Difference between Alpha and Beta

Hey guys. Quick question: What exactly is the difference between Alpha and Beta? Does Alpha still mean it is putting everything together and Beta means all the features/maps/AI/etc are in- just need to work out bugs?

Just curious what to expect going into Alpha gameplay vs Beta. Thanks!

The difference between alpha and beta is summed by the following two words: Feature Complete.

That's the main jist. Of course, it's only "Feature Complete" in regards to the design document, and you can and will see developers adding or removing stuff, but the general idea is that all the systems are in place and it's just content to be added and tested.

It's in progress. I was going to get them all done, but then I realised the tech tree is probably going to change a lot in beta and I'm not paying for all the art until I know that it'll be needed.

I'll write all the descriptions for beta though, even though I'll probably then have to throw half of them away.

It's in progress. I was going to get them all done, but then I realised the tech tree is probably going to change a lot in beta and I'm not paying for all the art until I know that it'll be needed.

I'll write all the descriptions for beta though, even though I'll probably then have to throw half of them away.

I'll proof read them for you if you want chris - I'm good at that!