Desura Ongoing Issues (& Build V16.1)

Might be prohibitly expensive to pay for the bandwith. They take a dim view of such uses for free accounts.

Both dropbox and google drive, have 5gig storage FREE, and they don't give a darn how you use it. That's plenty for a few hotfix files.

We then simply drop them into our game folders, job done.

Hello folks, I have a binary patch that will take you from V16 to V16.1 , and is only 45MB in size!.

This is for Windows ONLY and is 100% not official or supported, but with those caveats Chris has no objections to my sharing. I have used this for my own system, both at home and at work (:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/px48nnlmrcqzzaj/0X8yhxdxvL

Grab the V16_to_V161.exe binary , doubleclick and follow the prompts. There are MD5 checksums there as well for the paranoid.

Hopefully this works for Windows folks, but i'll try to help as I can.

Moonie - Dropbox very much give a damn how you use it, unfortunately. I had my (Premium) account suspended for using it for public downloads.

Holy cow, I thought that was the whole point of dropbox, so that you could share your files with the public. How about google drive, I use that and it's pretty good.

Holy cow, I thought that was the whole point of dropbox, so that you could share your files with the public. How about google drive, I use that and it's pretty good.

Dropbox is so you can share it with friends and family, a few dozen people. Not thousands as in the case of Xenonauts.

Hello folks, I have a binary patch that will take you from V16 to V16.1 , and is only 45MB in size!.

This is for Windows ONLY and is 100% not official or supported, but with those caveats Chris has no objections to my sharing. I have used this for my own system, both at home and at work (:

Grab the V16_to_V161.exe binary , doubleclick and follow the prompts. There are MD5 checksums there as well for the paranoid.

Downloading it now. Hope it works. :)

Thanks dude!!

PS: About Xenonauts/Updates delivery, what about using torrent system like Diablo III does?

UPDATE: It works!!! =D

Edited by Volgera

It worked a treat, thanks tass.

You can now be the official hot-fix distributor, Chis will pay you £500 for every download. :)

Edited by Moonie

I'm just glad to help ... and will happily build them as I can.

I'm typing it all up for Chris & co so they can do it too...

I'll take a ThankYou and named Character/Alien anyday :cool:

Sure thing tass.

I name you in the name of everything UFOie. [sir Character Alien Anyday 1st class.]

The desura site has the standalone when you go the game page..

http://www.desura.com/games/xenonauts

Look on the right side bar, about where comments begin

Right now is the massive 2G standalone for 16.1 ..

If you happened to have the v16 zip my patch would update that for you..

It should also work if you have the V16 Desura install as well.. should.. but not 100% certain

If it is V16, then you can use my patch to get to V16.1 at least..

V16 main file details:

File: Xenonauts.exe

CRC-32: 069b44c6

MD4: d2a447a5d14ee97ad6297d13dbfb9c42

MD5: d5353408d067913f7d31ec3539cd75a7

SHA-1: 9eb289cdf3d29dce9390f1745d966f0e80a5d2e4

6.41 MB (6,731,776 bytes)

V16.1 file details:

File: Xenonauts.exe

CRC-32: 253b6b76

MD4: e00014bac8434db3e12e14f17d2915b3

MD5: ccea90813deb9004025d6ab0b8776d99