Build V16.1 Released!

I preordered the premium alpha yesterday, looks like that was a mistake. Desura is giving me a mirrors error and i can't download the 16.1 standalone without purchasing the standard Alpha also. why can't you just use SVN for updates?

sorry for the lame first post but it's frustrating to pay extra not to be able to play a game.

I've just uploaded the V16.1 standalones to Desura, so it's up to them to approve it now. I'm not sure what's going on with their mirrors issue, I'll ask them tomorrow morning if they're still having issues with it.

I understand the frustration with this and I apologise for the ongoing issues, although there's not much we can do about it. I actually emailed Steam yesterday in light of Towns and Zombies etc getting Greenlighted but they still don't distribute games until they're finished. So not too much we can do there.

I understand the frustration with this and I apologise for the ongoing issues, although there's not much we can do about it.

I doubt anyone here feels you have anything whatsoever to apologise for, although I for one greatly appreciate you feeling the need to do so. You are doing a tremendous job there Chris and deserve everyones gratitude and admiration.

I have been waiting for two days for Desura to update. I have stopped restarted verified files Shutdown desura. rebooted. (Grumbled) about everything I can think of but can't even play now that it is hanging on the 16.1 update.

I have this problem if trying to launch the game through Desura, but it is still possible for me to play the old version if I close Desura and run the exe in the install folder (for me Program Files (x86)\Desura\Common\xenonauts\Xenonauts.exe)

Chris just a suggestion: name small patches more then .1 away from the version they patch. It seems that Desura still displays premium and standard preorders as different versions (by adding a .1 value to one of them) and it confuses some of the new people whether the new version is out or not.

I'm not even sure why a game in development would need a Steam-like distribution platform like Desura. Why not just provide direct downloadable windows executable patches for everyone? Then once the game is finished, push it out to a distribution platform. Seems like Desura only provides a lot of extra headaches for everyone.

I'm confused and as an 'old wrinkly', I don't even think it's because of the damn senile dementia kicking in again this time.

Am I right in what I think people seem to be saying, that update 16.1 is in fact available on Desura now .......apart from the missing Windows version that is and also the fact that it is being listed as version 16.0 by mistake? If this is the case, then why do Desura continue to declare that the most recent update for Desura was instead back 3 days ago? I keep restarting Xenonauts through Desura instead of straight from my hard drive, hoping to see the automatic update process from them will kick in as it did before but so far it never has.