Build V16.1 Released!

Build V16.1 is approved by Desura for download via their client, and the standalones are currently undergoing the Desura approvals process.

Build V16.1 is basically a large hotfix for V16, hopefully fixing several of the major issues with the game:

1) The Farm tileset crash should be fixed. This was happening at the end of the turn on the Farm tileset, and was caused when civilians moved and tried to vault over a wall. Their vault animations were missing, so the game crashed. I've updated their settings so hopefully this should no longer happen.

2) Invisible units: On the Desert, Arctic and Middle East tilesets, there were missing units. These were either civilian or friendly AI troop units where the sprites hadn't been rendered out yet. The updated sprites will be coming in V17, but I've added some placeholders there now so at least it's obvious what unit is meant to be what. There should be a lot more variation in the civilians by V17 though.

3) Middle East maps: The Middle East maps weren't done when we released V16, but they were still loading up. Therefore people would occasionally get unfinished maps, or maps where they couldn't get off the Chinook. I've put together a (basic) map for the Middle East now, so you can at least have a taster of how the tileset might look when the game is released. It will also prevent you getting completely flat and open / broken maps for the tileset (arguably more important).

2 hours of trying and I cant even get it to update. Havnt played Xenonauts since the kickstarter as family ties and work killed all free time.

Update isn't out yet. That's why.

Chris will update the thread when it is (also, us forumites who don't have problems with Desura tend to start posting "updating!" about then).

Chris will update the thread when it is (also, us forumites who don't have problems with Desura tend to start posting "updating!" about then).

indeed, to the annoyance of the rest of us that still can't get at it! ;)

Lol not talking about 16.1... I still have the kickstarter build and trying to update it to ANYTHING else :P

Lol not talking about 16.1... I still have the kickstarter build and trying to update it to ANYTHING else :P

Probably best to delete it and redownload the whole thing tomorrow (when v16.1 will probably be out). It'll be a big update size-wise from the KS build anyway.