Soldier Training during missions?

I'm always a fan of the "improve-stats-by-using-them" school that X-COM and Silent Storm employed.

Xenonauts does follow this scheme, right? It looked to be that way in the Alpha.

Do you have to damage enemies to get a stat to increase?

Is there a limit to how much you can improve your characters on a single mission?

I'm always a fan of the "improve-stats-by-using-them" school that X-COM and Silent Storm employed.

Xenonauts does follow this scheme, right? It looked to be that way in the Alpha.

Do you have to damage enemies to get a stat to increase?

Is there a limit to how much you can improve your characters on a single mission?

Yes, Goldhawk looked into training facilities but found it to b to much of a hassle or just not very fun. You get stat's increase by doing things in ground combat.

No, you do not have to damage the enemy to increase stats. It mostly depends on what you do which stat you increase.

AP gets increased by using a lot of AP. Str by using enough AP while carrying close to your encumbrance limit. Bravery is when you resist a morality check like panic or mental attacks

Yes, there is a limit. I think it's currently set at +2 points gain per stat per mission.

There is a thread about the in depth workings of stats increase somewhere in the forum.