Alien Base control room causing crash v25.5

ookie007

If you roll upstairs and murder death those aliens however you see fit it will crash out the game. I've tried moving the aliens around the room because I thought it was the destruction of the globe thing that did it but it seems to be something to do with the hovering guy who's name I can't remember and an interaction with the map. Also if you notice the suppressed xenonaut on the lower floor, that's from a suppression grenade thrown in the control room affecting that Xenonaut. Grenade damage seems to move between floors and affect Xenonauts below the command room. 

On the whole this latest experimental version seems like a pretty big step back from the last  experimental version release in terms of stability/ui working/ and over all jank. Not sure if you're just trying new stuff out on a forked build or what but its kind of frustrating. 

auto_groundcombat_turn_13_start-799.json

Edited by ookie007

• ookie007 changed the title to Alien Base control room causing crash v25.5
6 hours ago, ookie007 said:

If you roll upstairs and murder death those aliens however you see fit it will crash out the game. I've tried moving the aliens around the room because I thought it was the destruction of the globe thing that did it but it seems to be something to do with the hovering guy who's name I can't remember and an interaction with the map. Also if you notice the suppressed xenonaut on the lower floor, that's from a suppression grenade thrown in the control room affecting that Xenonaut. Grenade damage seems to move between floors and affect Xenonauts below the command room. 

On the whole this latest experimental version seems like a pretty big step back from the last  experimental version release in terms of stability/ui working/ and over all jank. Not sure if you're just trying new stuff out on a forked build or what but its kind of frustrating. 

auto_groundcombat_turn_13_start-799.json 2.49 MB · 0 downloads

Thanks. Yeah, this bug will be fixed in the next hotfix.

I can't really comment as to your personal experiences regarding stability, but any experimental build is always going to feel less stable and polished than the final build of a particular version. I think after this upcoming hotfix v25 will be objectively more stable than v24 was given we've fixed at least one relatively long-running and annoying crash recently - but different players play differently and so experience different crashes. Perhaps the bugs in v25 have hit you unusually hard.

This one in particular turns up a lot in the mid-game.