Build V16 Released!

Any chance of making it so roles appear on the portrait in the dropship tab? It'd make organizing soldiers much easier, and would mean I wouldn't have to give callsigns like "LMG 1"

What I'd do is give each type of soldier a slightly different colour to his armour. I find this solves that problem for me.

Edited by Grufflehound

Where can you change their armor color O_o I would love to do that. I did that in the new XCOM too, easier to see and makes for a squadron feeling too ^^

I've done that in XCOM and elsewhere too but am certain you can't here unfortunately. Be extremely nice if that option is included in the finished game though.

We'll release a hotfix for the farm crash shortly, we've just worked out it's caused by missing animations for the civilians when they try to jump over walls.

For the soldier role icon appearing on the portrait - yes, this can probably be arranged. You might need to remind me if it's not in the next build though.

You know what I'm looking forward to?

Do you really want to know what I am looking forward to?

I am looking forward to the day when all of the content is in, and the bug hunting, fine tuning and polish start.

It will be then, that this game will start to kick some serious arse bottoms. ;)

This means that aliens will now be able to fire on Xenonauts beyond the sight range of the shooting alien if it is in the LOS of another alien, and they will be harder to sneak up on without reaction fire if a Xenonaut unit has been spotted.

So every alien is now a squad sight sniper? I'm not sure I'll enjoy that too much.

Moonie, shouldn't you be pointing out that the game isn't stable at the moment? :D

I could do, but I have got bored with doing that. ;)

What gets me frustrated when I play the game, is seeing a really fantastic game but not being able to get to it yet, if you get my meaning.

It's sods law that we always have to wait for the good ones.

It's only fair. We can do it. Would be strange if they couldn't. Vastly prefer that to they know everything and can shoot you no matter what.

It's something in the firaxis game I don't mind because it's limited to the sniper class only plus it makes sense a unit with a sniper could see very far. However I feel that for the most part you should only be able to shoot something that particular unit in question can see for itself. I mean look in no other situation can you ever fire at something YOU can't actually see and expect to hit it. Ever. I just don't like the mechanic is all.

So every alien is now a squad sight sniper?

It's not a Firaxis invention, the old x-com was the same way, they just turned it into a sniper exclusive ability.

I'm not sure about specifics but having a more realistic system might take away a lot of the tension as there would be fewer chances that you'd get shot at. I assume this is more for the AI's sake than the players' but I dunno. It's hard to get a feel for it without trying it out.

Having it as a passive bonus for the sniper rifle only does sound appealing though.

Yeah I know the OG had it also but that doesn't mean I was a fan of that then either ;)

Though from a gameplay perspective I see how it would be difficult to not do it in this fashion because then you'd have to have each weapon have a "range" display and what good reason is there a plasma/laser weapon can't shoot across a map? Or even a ballistic rifle for that matter. I could see a shotgun not being such long range but really that's about it. So from a gameplay/coding perspective I get why it's in there and it makes complete sense.

That doesn't mean I have to say I like it though! xD

Yeah, not really unrealistic either. It's like "dude I got a freaking enemy here but out of TU. Please help so that my wife won't become a widow. He's at 3 o'clock from me, at that building over here..."

Of course shooting at an enemy you can't see with low % also often bring about some "oh shit, let's tell others that the alien did it" moment...

It might be squad sight, but there are a number of factors working against it. All weapons have an operational range and the chance to hit beyond that operational range drops off severely. Every prop that could possibly get in the way of the shot is added into the calculation. Finally, cover is factored in. It isn't that easy to shoot across a map.

It might be squad sight, but there are a number of factors working against it. All weapons have an operational range and the chance to hit beyond that operational range drops off severely. Every prop that could possibly get in the way of the shot is added into the calculation. Finally, cover is factored in. It isn't that easy to shoot across a map.

This; shots fired outside of LoS still follow all the rules with regards to normal shots. The A.I. also won't shoot if the accuracy % drops below a certain percentage.

I think a better way to look at this "squad sight" thing isn't that you can't see the target, it's that you can't see it until someone points it out to you. We've all had this experience. Realistically the maps are not big enough to make any shot impossible, but you certainly might not be able to identify every target on the map. All it takes is a slight movement and you could lose sight of your target again until someone closer points it out again. No big deal to me. If the maps were MUCH larger I might call "baloney" on squad sight, obviously no one is going to make a two mile shot, but it's OK with the small area the Xenonauts operate in.

I'm "in" since the last version (v15) - great work!

After (too) many crashes in the last version, I'm really thankful for this one. Nonetheless, the game makes problems here and there - and I want to support the production team. First question: is this thread the right place for bug reports?

Since yesterday I had four or five crashes. Mostly on ground, but the last one while not being on a mission:

14.10.2012 / 23:49h / Win7pro64

- Where was the UFO crashed?

All the aircrafts were @home

- When did the crash occur:

Not on a mission.

- What were you doing just before the crash?

Geoscape>Base>Research>Added two tasks>Click on Soldiers>Crash before screen toggle

Offside the already reported "shadows of NPCs" bug and the trapped tank on ground mission, I got this problem for the second time now:

On the "air to air" screen, meaning while fighting against other aircrafts, it seems that I do have two enemies at once: 1) The sound is echoing, delay about half of a second and 2) I have a second, somehow broken target. Please see the attached screenshot.

The "Manage Attachments" button pops up a 500 error page. Here is a link to the screenshot:

http://goo.gl/NvHCh

I hope that helps! Keep on!