Build V16 Released!

Hm, just try the new V16, after the second landing UFO, the game crash

The game is not playable :(

Edit: another bug, the chinook was on the border of a map, so my vehicule can t move out

Could you provide us with some more information on when the crash occurs, like:

- Where was the UFO crashed?

- When did the crash occur:

-- During start of combat / before any movement.

-- During the player's turn or during the AI turn.

-- During moving of units, maybe reaction fire from the AI (or player character?)

- What were you doing just before the crash?

Could you provide us with some more information on when the crash occurs, like:

- Where was the UFO crashed?

- When did the crash occur:

-- During start of combat / before any movement.

-- During the player's turn or during the AI turn.

-- During moving of units, maybe reaction fire from the AI (or player character?)

- What were you doing just before the crash?

My game also crashes ( i belive it was the 3rd mission) , It seems to occur during the hidden movement (or directly after that).

My first turn went perfectly but the game crashes severel seconds into the hidden movement.

if i would know were the savegame is located i could send it over i suppose.

The Windows error log :

Problem signature:

Problem Event Name: APPCRASH

Application Name: Xenonauts.exe

Application Version: 0.0.0.0

Application Timestamp: 507886ee

Fault Module Name: Xenonauts.exe

Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0

Fault Module Timestamp: 507886ee

Exception Code: c0000005

Exception Offset: 0024dd53

OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1

Locale ID: 1033

Additional Information 1: 0a9e

Additional Information 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

Additional Information 3: 0a9e

Additional Information 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

Daft question. How do I take a screenshot and where does it hide?

Press PrtScrn, open up a image editing program (MS Paint is fine), paste it. Save as jpeg or png. Upload to either here as an attachment, or to your image host of choice (photobucker, imgur, etc...) and link it via image tags.

Before filing a bug report for the Linux version...

Am I the only one who can't install the *.deb package on Ubuntu? It says that it can't fulfill the dependencies "wine-bin" and "wine64-bin" which after some googling seem to be debian but not ubuntu-packages.

Install from source or from another package that provides the libraries, and then install using --ignore-depends

On the previous release I had an invisible alien. None of those on this release yet but I have had several invisible NPCs. All you can see of them is their shadow.

+1 for this, I've not noticed invisible aliens, but the Npc civilians are invisible for me in V16. It happens on every tileset as far as I can tell (artic,desert,industrial). You can see their shadow, and hear them fine, and the cam tracs them if they enter LOS.

Here is a link to a screenshot, always easier to understand when you can see it for yourselves

Dropbox link

EDIT : Npc soldiers\cops show up fine btw, just not the normal civilians.

Edited by Orion

Before filing a bug report for the Linux version...

Am I the only one who can't install the *.deb package on Ubuntu? It says that it can't fulfill the dependencies "wine-bin" and "wine64-bin" which after some googling seem to be debian but not ubuntu-packages.

That's my fault, I have fixed, not sure if there will be a 16.1 but if there isn't I will create a new release anyway.

I can confirm the invisible civilians bug and the crash on a farm tileset bug. The farm crash happens every time a few seconds into hidden movement. The industrial maps also have no buildings for me, so just large grey ground with occasional islands of barrels. One of these barrel island also had a teleporter on it which seemed a bit odd. But the saves are working again which is great.

Hi All,

I downloaded today the v16 version for windows 7. At first, everything was fine except the non existing villagers.

Later on it crashed several times. When I shot down the first normal scout and sent my heli, the loadling ground mission crashed. I restartet with some savegames and it crashed over and over again.

Futhermore I can't recruit any soldier anymore, because the recruiting tab is emty. There are no new soldiers. I restarted again several savegames, but it was the same mistake. In the beginning of the game it worked.

In the beginning of the game I brought three new soldiers and they arrived three days later. Everything was correct. Then I checked the names and only one of those three soldiers was a soldier, I brought. The two others I didn't picked. They had low characteristics.

I like all the new maps, but I would prefer a bugfix first and when everything works fine it is nice to have some new maps. But now at this state, I can't play anymore. It is just crashing.

I hope, that those problems will be fixed soon.

It is still a very nice game and I want to play.

hang loose

alrik

ps: I'm sorry for my english, I'm not a native speaker

Hi All,

I downloaded today the v16 version for windows 7. At first, everything was fine except the non existing villagers.

Later on it crashed several times. When I shot down the first normal scout and sent my heli, the loadling ground mission crashed. I restartet with some savegames and it crashed over and over again.

Futhermore I can't recruit any soldier anymore, because the recruiting tab is emty. There are no new soldiers. I restarted again several savegames, but it was the same mistake. In the beginning of the game it worked.

In the beginning of the game I brought three new soldiers and they arrived three days later. Everything was correct. Then I checked the names and only one of those three soldiers was a soldier, I brought. The two others I didn't picked. They had low characteristics.

I like all the new maps, but I would prefer a bugfix first and when everything works fine it is nice to have some new maps. But now at this state, I can't play anymore. It is just crashing.

I hope, that those problems will be fixed soon.

It is still a very nice game and I want to play.

hang loose

alrik

ps: I'm sorry for my english, I'm not a native speaker

It's unplayable for me too. Crash on second or third map every time. Reloading saves doesn't matter.

I am on Xp and apart from the ghost civies and the crash with the new farm maps its been way more stable for me so far. I seem to have got the personnel hiring thing now as well though. Is there anyone else whos having the farm bug as well and might know how to take the map out of the cycle?

Update and fix for the 'Invisible' bug which might also be linked to the 'Crash to Desktop' one.

Found on another thread that saving the game just before landing at the site, then after landing reloaded from that save, fixes the 'Invisible' bug. This works. What it also seems to cure is that after reloading it has so far never crashed to desktop either. For me it has only ever crashed to desktop if I fail to reload. Can't say this will remain to be true but it's been true so far.