Xenonauts & Steam

yes. preorders get to pick which digital distributor they get the game from when the game is released. we are NOT locked to desura.
AH cool! That's good news! I was afraid I'd have to install yet another program like Gamespy, Steam, Origin, etc. I wish they'd all get together and just make it all one thing.

With Xenonauts nearing completion, is there a rough guess as to when the game will get a product page on Steam? I'd prefer to have the Steam version and not Desura's. Looking forward to seeing (and playing) the game in Valve's platform, thx.

Where in the world do you get the notion Xenonauts is "nearing completion?" This game won't come out until Q1 2013 or later.

First of all heloo everybody, this is my first info on this forum.

I'm really dinozaur and veteran playing a lot of ufo on amiga and other platforms, probably as U all guys and girls.

But this is not the point.

The point is, i look a lot on steam platform even in green area for Xenonauts (i my opinion, name should be more like UFO something) and i found nothing about this game on steam.

Ofc steam isn't everything, but i found some similar subject on net via google about steam, u knew, Xeno... is availble on Steam etc.

But no, it isn't, and I hope it will be, because Desura for me is something "new" and "unknown" and probably maybe for that, Desura has less popularity then steam (i don't say it's worst) :)

Ok, so, i back to ehehe XCOM now, and will forward for any information about this "most bone braker" game i ever saw (i mean any clone of UFO: EU).

Best regards maniacs!;)

Edited by Webinfo

The point is, i look a lot on steam platform even in green area for Xenonauts (i my opinion, name should be more like UFO something) and i found nothing about this game on steam.

The game is in alpha stage atm. It is far from ready. However Goldhawk has a deal with steam to be on that platform when the game is released. Xenonauts does not need to be on Greenlight since the deal is already done.

There already is a series called "UFO" (Aftermath, Aftershock, Afterlight.) And a series called UFO: Extraterrestrials.

The UFO name is a bit overdone and doesn't lend itself to its own brand. From marketing perspective Xenonauts is a lot better than "UFO something".

Ofc steam isn't everything, but i found some similar subject on net via google about steam, u knew, Xeno... is availble on Steam etc.

But no, it isn't, and I hope it will be, because Desura for me is something "new" and "unknown" and probably maybe for that, Desura has less popularity then steam (i don't say it's worst) :)

Xenonauts will not show up on steam until it is done or at least close to being done. You have probably read that Xenonauts will be available on steam, not that it already is. Xenonauts will be there eventually.

Will this be on Steam 100% or will it have to go through Greenlight? (although if this is the case it will very very likely get approved).

A deal was made with steam before they launched greenlight. The game is cleared to be released on steam if it gets released.

Nothing is 100% certain moahahha! :P

A deal was made with steam before they launched greenlight. The game is cleared to be released on steam if it gets released.

Nothing is 100% certain moahahha! :P

I don't agree with that.

1. Death is quite sure;

2. Taxes also;

:D

Thanks for previous answers btw.

It's good for game when it will apear on steam when it will be full release, more ppl maybe will interest with this game.

I will be more than wait for full game release.

Now i just kill some times with XCOM EU.

Of course, that goes without saying. Even so, having been in development for more than 3 years and entering beta (which means feature complete), even if it's another year off you could still argue that it is nearing completion (3/4 done).

Um no, you can't argue a game is near completion if the release is still more than 6 months away. Get a clue and drop the clueless optimism and confused logic, it makes you look foolish.

Um no, you can't argue a game is near completion if the release is still more than 6 months away. Get a clue and drop the clueless optimism and confused logic, it makes you look foolish.

Really? If you're 3/4 of the way to anywhere, you're nearing the completion of the trip. What else would you call it? I could also argue that refuting a point without any reasoning to back up your statement, and using an aggressive and insulting manner to do so, simply makes you look foolish and childish.

Why so hostile?

PS. that 3/4 value allows another year for completion - delays can still happen of course, and things can take longer to implement than anyone thinks, but I'd rather wait longer for a polished product than have it rushed out the door just to please a few people (who would then probably not be happy with the quality and complain that it should have been in development longer).

Are there any Polish soldiers in EU?

From what I've been able to gather, these are the nationalities in the game:

Argentina

Australia

Belgium

Brazil

Canada

China

Egypt

France

Germany

Greece

India

Ireland

Israel

Italy

Japan

Mexico

Netherlands

Nigeria

Norway

Russia

Saudi Arabia

Scotland

South Africa

South Korea

Spain

Sweden

United Kingdom

Ukraine

USA

Edited by Khalan

Are there any Polish soldiers in EU?

Nope HWP, there are many other nations as Khalan says before me, but Firaxis probably don't like Polish community, so u never find any Polish soldier.

BTW after a couple of round game on Classic (almost higher) difficulty on iron man, i said only this.... linear linear linear story to the pain!

Same gameplay not bad, but when u take "game as one part", then the game is linear, same mission. I even know, which race or which event appear on second month for example.

So, when u play first time, nice..... but when on ironman u must restart game then u dont want to play again and again the same linear story....

Good idea, bad performance!

Edited by Webinfo