V16 tomorrow!

Just a quick note to say V16 isn't going to be arriving today as planned. I'm waiting on two important code commits from the coders and I've not had a productive couple of days thanks to the effort required in getting the office (and our associated computer hardware) set up today and yesterday. I still can't get the game to compile at the office for some reason, but I'm sure I'll fix that tomorrow.

Anyway, the major improvements will be enhanced AI (to the point it can now use psionic powers etc) which I'll let GJ explain in more detail tomorrow, the item destructibility system that means using explosive or hypervelocity weapons can destroy the equipment held by units when they are killed or already dead (to give consequences for overkill) and *hopefully* some new maps. Some early test maps for the Desert and Arctic tilesets are a possibility. We're just creating some rock formations etc to make the maps less open and to give them more verticality. A bug in the terrain editor means we couldn't put them in the game today.

Also, if all goes well, there'll be a bunch new soldier portraits courtesy of the Kickstarter backers. At some point this week we'll have 41 of the 80 done, but it remains to be seen if we can get all 41 into the build tomorrow. There'll certainly be more though.

EDIT - oh, and the first draft of the soldier role system (with customisable one-click loadouts) is in too.

Very much appreciated, Chris (and the rest of the team)! Been playing XCOM:EU for.. uh.. it's all so blurry.. 10 hours now or so, but Xenonauts (and the original) are still my favorites. Keep up the good work!

Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm off to pub!

Crap, was it tomorrow? I'd better close up skyrim and put some code together! D:

Just kidding obiouvsly, all is ready for a good build :)

Just reinstalled Skyrim, still yet to start playing it again. Oblivion is where my heart is, if you have it, try the 'Nehrim' total conversion mod. New world, new story, it's almost a new game, and free. ;)

Pub was empty, drank two beers and back home again. Plenty of it here too. :D

Unlocked firaxis rooty tooty alien third person shooty via VPN and have put about 20 hours into it so far.

Prefer the cleaner feel of xenonauts so far, mentioning of the 1 click customization loadouts sounds like a very slick feature.

I also prefer how you're leaving the options for overkill, but with consequences. Unlike firaxis who just arbitrarily limit choices and claim it's too hard to balance otherwise.

V16 looks like it'll be a lot of fun!

It doesn't matter Chris, just don't hurry and if you must deliver late then late it is :D but don't you dare risking quality !! Ooooh baby last version was so amazing with terror missions and base attacks.

Guys keep up the good work, this game is going to be LEGEN...wait for it...DARY !!

Just reinstalled Skyrim, still yet to start playing it again. Oblivion is where my heart is, if you have it, try the 'Nehrim' total conversion mod. New world, new story, it's almost a new game, and free. ;)

Pub was empty, drank two beers and back home again. Plenty of it here too. :D

You just gave the death blow to my social life. (Downloading now, it will be a looong night)

Can't wait!

Just felt like saying that I was anticipating the new XCOM : Enemy Unknown, but after playing the demo I was a little dismayed. And that was actually a good thing, for I was hesitating on getting XCOM or Xenonauts. I made the right decision.

Keep up the great work! Such an amazing take on the series, loving every bit of it.

Oh man, this all sounds great!

Playing Xcom now, which is amazing btw, but I really can't wait to give my co-workers another chance to die at the hands of aliens in Xenonauts. :)

That last about the soldier role system sounds really nice for managing your squads.

Keep up the great work, can't wait to get into this... probably take a small break from Xcom this weekend and try this out!

Have a good one all!

Tommy