camera rotation please

Im afraid we can't rotate the camera.

and if it was going to be included then they would have to re-do all the sprites with 4 diffrent angles. so apart from a large amount of work that needs to be done to get it work, it would most likely require alot of re-programing already exsiting features to get it too work.

I think chris says somewhere, that the amount of work needed just wouldn't be worth the result.

Yeah it is a pity that the funds weren't available early on in development so things like this could be done before everything else was set in place around it.

Although if the funds were there early on I imagine Goldhawk would have gone with a different game engine and a lot of sprite problems wouldn't exist now :)

Also I'm one of the few people who kinda hate rotatable maps. I prefer it when a game is designed in such a way that you have a clear overview without needing to rotate the map. Map rotation is often a chore for me which is why I like Infinity Engine games so much.

I actually agree there.

Games like dawn of war that have rotating cameras usually get left in the default position when I play.

As long as you know what is happening and can see what you need to clearly enough then you don't need to rotate the camera.

That might not quite be the case with Xenonauts yet but that is the plan at least.

• 3 years later...

Xenonauts needs a solution for this. I understand its all sprites and thats alot of work. but its a chore to place units on the back side of cover and even more annoying if you want to move up an outside staircase on the back of a building tactically without just telling a unit to move to the upper level and hoping there is noone there waiting for you