Goldhawk = Awsome....Desura = Sucks Monkey Balls

Hi All,

Being an avid fan of the Xcom series I have been watching the progression of this title for a while and finaly bit the proverbial bullet this evening and purchased it.

Firstly let me say that I think the game is a superb, updated recreation of the original that I wasted many hours of my youth playing when I should have been revising for GCSE's!

Only one complaint. This is my first experience of Desura and its not a happy one. Its confusing, too complicated, and when I finaly worked out how to download the game after spending my hard earned cash it managed a measly 500kbs on my 60MB cable connection.

Chris, im sure there hosting of the game is relatively cheap, however to coin a phrase, "You's gets what you's pays for".

Rant over. Thanks for creating an authentic replica and bringing back so many memories of a misspent youth! Cudos!

The biggest issue i have is desura will no longer update the game. im still stuck on version 14.x.

Yes i know there have been some issues with build numbers but im told they are resolved, i also have to manually start it and it never seems to update on its own.

The biggest issue i have is desura will no longer update the game. im still stuck on version 14.x.

Yes i know there have been some issues with build numbers but im told they are resolved, i also have to manually start it and it never seems to update on its own.

I don't think they were...

Desura sucks balls for Xenonauts, because the game is too big and has too many tiny sizes. I have other games on there, and while I agree that the UI is a little different from Steam's and thus takes adaption, the program itself is okay. I like Steam better because I'm used to it, but Desura is the indie platform. I think it's better to have Xenonauts on a portal that isn't working optimally rather than don't have it at all or only as a .zip download.

At the time that Xenonauts went onto Desura, Paypal had cut Goldhawk off from ALL funding because PayPal doesn't like pre-orders. So Desura was like a white knight, riding in to save Goldhawk from fizzing away. Now, while I haven't had any problems myself with Desura (I guess I'm in the minority here), it's isn't the awesomest, by far.

We're working on getting the error fixed up by archiving all the files prior to uploading them on Desura, and unzipping them afterwards. Hopefully that'll stop these problems happening - though we need to chat through it with Desura to make sure it is fully feasible still.