And why don't the caption bubbles hold English text rather than blurry alien smudges (excepting the "WTF" in panel #2)? I can't help but think that understandable dialogue would help make everything so much clearer to me. But then again, maybe not -- I've never "gotten" avant garde art.

well, it's good to see you back. When I saw that stack of pancakes impersonating an Enemy Unknown battleship, I thought of you :)

I've been back for a while. I've just been lurking.

And why don't the caption bubbles hold English text rather than blurry alien smudges (excepting the "WTF" in panel #2)? I can't help but think that understandable dialogue would help make everything so much clearer to me.

tHTA'S BECAUSE THE FORUM MAKES THE RESOLUTION CRAP. NOTHING I CAN DOABOUT THAT.

I went and paid artists to draw some for me. I've built up quite a collection and I feel now's about the time to start sharing it.

You know, this is the sort of thing that could be very, very handy for the alternate Hidden Movement screens, and as you've already paid for it...

Hmmm if it had a more generic cityscape that would be a wonderful hidden movement screen. :)

Ask the artist if you can be allowed to edit out the Eiffel tower (or possibly all the city lights). ^^

I've been back for a while. I've just been lurking.

ah, that explains the lovely scent of maple syrup that you can detect sometimes when on the forum.

Hmmm if it had a more generic cityscape that would be a wonderful hidden movement screen. :)

Ask the artist if you can be allowed to edit out the Eiffel tower (or possibly all the city lights). ^^

It could be Las Vegas...or Blackpool...:)

tHTA'S BECAUSE THE FORUM MAKES THE RESOLUTION CRAP. NOTHING I CAN DOABOUT THAT.

I know; I'm sorry, it was intended as a light teasing. I am interested in seeing the dialogue, though. Maybe if you uploaded to one of those pic-sharing sites and linked it here?

Actually, there's some pretty nice stuff in this thread. Well done, all :)

That's about good enough to start a webcomic with.

Haha, cheers- Max_Caine's getting me to do some actual Xenonauts fanart- so far everything I've done has been X-Com- I hope you like it when it's done :D

To help lighten the mood, here's another pic. Face First by Lili Ibrahim.

I'm imagining that the corvette rolled into it;s final position there, and that underneath is the body of someone too thick to run in any other direction to escape it. In unrelated news, Prometheus DVD is arriving soon...

The artist and I tried a couple of things with the facing of the corvette. The problems was, it didn't "work" unless the face was buried into the dirt.

I'm imagining that the corvette rolled into it;s final position there, and that underneath is the body of someone too thick to run in any other direction to escape it. In unrelated news, Prometheus DVD is arriving soon...

hahaha