Realistic Aircrafts mod v1.0

SoloA

Yeah, like I said, you have to make certain allowances. You take the F-16 as your baseline and establish it as the F-17 Condor. You could then take the differences between that, and the actual decided upon stats for the F-16. After that, you'd have to decide what exactly they did to get the thing to fly that far. The range of the aircraft is nowhere near close to the "combat radius" listed in multiple sources. So you'd basically have to modify that calculation based on the difference between a fully loaded F-16 and an F-17. You could then extend it to the rest of the craft.

The other statistics can be used directly (and rounded off to make it look nice).

What you have here is pretty solid, though. I would include a number of aircraft from each "faction" namely some from the Soviets, some from Western Europe, and of course, some from America.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I have a greatest idea ever, but I'm probably a few years late. An AWACS aircraft, for the areas that you don't (or don't want to) cover with ground radars. It shouldn't be too hard to implement, except for the art part. A good radar range, low speed and long loiter time.

What do you guys think?

Edited by HammerHead

I have a greatest idea ever, but I'm probably a few years late. An AWACS aircraft, for the areas that you don't (or don't want to) cover with ground radars. It shouldn't be too hard to implement, except for the art part. A good radar range, low speed and long loiter time.

What do you guys think?

Good idea I think. Then the base radar ranges can be reduced without breaking balance, which I think are too large.

• 2 months later...

Oh, man, that mod cannot be forgotten...

It's one of the most amazing stuff ever proposed to this game (especially with AWACS planes)!

I remember when I was about to buy Xenonauts more than a year ago, I was thinking if I should buy a game so early or not, then I saw this mod and said "screwed it! take my money! give me the airplanes!"

Edited by Victor_Tadeu

• 3 weeks later...

I never liked this mod.After first try i deleted in matter of minutes,it's just not mine thing.But to answer your question:

As SoloA has said, the next version of the Realistic aircrafts mod will be when it's done.

So,yes he is working on it but how long do you have to wait for new version of mod is unknown.

Edited by Sentelin

Idea sounds cool,concept of mod sounds cool,airplanes looks cool ......When i tried mod i was overwhelmed by choices.There is literally around 10 types of missiles and torpedoes you can assign early in the game and you have no clue what to do. Ok let's rephrase last sentence,there are stats of each airplane and weapon (speed (KM),range of weapon.....) but there isn't description about what is what and what is the purpose of it.You have for example five different missles and you don't know which one to pick,so you are bound to experiment.Same goes for airplanes and that's why I don't like this mod.Because at that time I was overwhelmed without clue what to do,maybe i will change my mind when new version is release (just maybe).

• 1 month later...

I'm looking very much forward to see a new compatible version of this mod.

Without a doubt the images could need a finishing touch to match perfectly into the existing quality comic style graphics the game has but I feel as if the xenopedia images could need a rework as well.

Was the best available picture of the Blackbird really a real life photograph with some absurd painted Dragons on the tailwings? How about this one here which is not only drawn but represents the actual US Airforce look of that time without destroying immersion. Just an example.