Realistic Aircrafts mod v1.0

SoloA

• 2 weeks later...

It's a very good mod, but I don't think anybody is really missing anything by waiting for beta. The reason I say that is because, much as it is a great mod, it deserves to be played within the game when the game is more finished, and hopefully with more content added by mods across the board. With corresponding mods to expand the conventional weapons and ground vehicles I think it'll be amazing. But right now, in the context of the unfinished game, it just makes the rest of the game look even more unfinished. :)

It's a very good mod, but I don't think anybody is really missing anything by waiting for beta. The reason I say that is because, much as it is a great mod, it deserves to be played within the game when the game is more finished, and hopefully with more content added by mods across the board. With corresponding mods to expand the conventional weapons and ground vehicles I think it'll be amazing. But right now, in the context of the unfinished game, it just makes the rest of the game look even more unfinished. :)

Ah I get it, thanks for explaining I'll look forward to playing it later on then.

• 1 month later...

If you need any tester or non code writers, I would like to do what i can to help.

EDIT: Hey Solo! Just tested your mod on 19.6 It works! there are some areas they are ##### and no drop box for missiles and cannons, but its stable.

also dropbox for weapons works in 18 stable, Its also stable but had the ##### when it ask if you wanna do to the research page and engineering page... but beyond that its stable and enjoyable

Edited by JamesRoshal
was fooling around

• 2 weeks later...

Good day to all!

I started working on the mod. The priority in the first phase is adapting mod itself to the current version of the game, the addition of screens study, description, etc. Also, I will try to improve the graphics. I was not quite satisfied to the current graphics, but to redo all require a lot of time and effort.

New graphics:

160c3gl.jpg

Bonus: my last artwork (not related to the Xenonauts) Ha.136Z

3066333.jpg

Hello Ishantil,

That is what i did. However you have to remember some things are kept a secret, thus need to "check multiple sources".

* Currently all prototypes or designs uses "theoretical stats".

* With deployed aircrafts, I use mfg stats first, checking other sources, drawing on average.

* Few french, soviets and "secret" aircrafts has this kind of statstical contradictions.

* did not record "radar range", because of multiple electronics and anomalous data.

the game aircraft ratio's logic could not be made because of anamolous "near" to RL; two aircrafts and one missles in the game.

According to SoloA, he had to tune range, altitude, speed [very little], weight [slightly higher] of each aircraft stats individually (with objective of game balance), thus no ratios.

I have thought of another technique that might help develop ratios,

* make 5 'test' aircrafts with base f16 stats (xenopedia state f17 is modified f16).

* create 5 test aircrafts, change stats out for each;

X-orig = f16 [no changes], thus determine comparative balance measures

X-altit = "top" altitude, [to establish feet ratio] (optimimal altitude is 39 to 44 thousand feet for jet engine)

X-speed = speed, [establish game's Mach 1 "speed"]

X-mass = hardpoint & weight (missle has weights stats) [establish if empty or full]

X-far = range [establish km ratio]

Then make ratio apply to SoloA's aircrafts.

Now there are new game balancing information, appearing in v19.7 and forum suggestions. This might establish ratio making process.

R

ps excel with stats is updated,

in worksheet "game aircraft calc"; I reorganized RL list (to match SoloA's mod), and made "offset calculation, by %" between RL and mod

that way you can see why is not a "ratio that applies to all"

Edited by rynait