Realistic Aircrafts mod v1.0

SoloA

That is beyond what is possible in a simple mod.

You would need to code them into the game before they would be possible to use.

SoloA has done a good job with these but they are added images and text files using the standard game code.

Number of craft in a squadron is hard coded, formations do not exist so there is no code and so on.

• 4 weeks later...
you're awesome, thanks!!

edit: do we still need to copy files directly into xenonauts folder or do we use the documents/xenonauts/modding folder now?

v17.6 is the last version of the game that will support the mod loading from documents/xenonauts/modding.

If you put the files in that folder (I'd reccomend this, as you'll be able to get back to the vanilla game anytime), you'll also have to select the mod in the options menu of the launcher.

(On the future installing/deleting mods methods that will come with the new launcher, we'll discuss about it when the time will come..)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I am sorry but having read the whole 12 pages I now think it is just boys with (virtual) toys .. Lego time .. enjoying the sentiment.

But for this game to have and keep it's authentic X-com sause even do it's a mod .. you need to leave every single plane out post 1979 otherwise make the game a 21st century periode game.

Even the prototype idea for some planes is just to oppertunistic. F14, F15 ?! Come on

It's more a less comfort food for thought .. Not sure how to explain but it's like with the original C&C where you could use an editor to edit the tanks and troops etc. making it more fun or at least giving you that sensational "that's more like it" feeling when you gave a mammoth extra rockets or let it do more damage ..

Edited by Tiesemans

I am sorry but having read the whole 12 pages I now think it is just boys with (virtual) toys .. Lego time .. enjoying the sentiment.

But for this game to have and keep it's authentic X-com sause even do it's a mod .. you need to leave every single plane out post 1979 otherwise make the game a 21st century periode game.

Even the prototype idea for some planes is just to oppertunistic. F14, F15 ?! Come on

It's more a less comfort food for thought .. Not sure how to explain but it's like with the original C&C where you could use an editor to edit the tanks and troops etc. making it more fun or at least giving you that sensational "that's more like it" feeling when you gave a mammoth extra rockets or let it do more damage ..

F-14:

First flight 21 December 1970

Introduction 22 September 1974

F-15:

First flight 27 July 1972

Introduction 9 January 1976

I'm not sure how these are unrealistic???

F-14:

First flight 21 December 1970

Introduction 22 September 1974

F-15:

First flight 27 July 1972

Introduction 9 January 1976

I'm not sure how these are unrealistic???

You are right.

When you asume I managed to get the first flight and introduction facts wrong you are right in every single way possible.

However I ment to suggest that by keeping the 70s style tight the game gets more 70s atmosphere.

The F14 and F15 (F16) catched our imagination during the 80s and 90s Hack during movies such as TopGun and Independance day, Iron Eagle, but not the 70s even do they first entered service in the mid 70s.

When I think about 70's fighter jets I think about the F105, F4, F5, A-4, Dassault Super Etendard, Su-24, BAe Sea Harrier, Mirage F1, IAI Kfir / F-21A, Mig 23/27, Northrop YF-17 and The Sepecat Jaguar.

The Teen Series (I think) shouldn't be in this game.

But then again because there is a modified F16 in it I don't have the right to claim the other planes from the US Teen series like F14 and F15 and hack even the F18 don't have the right to be in but they are (in my perception) game changers 4th generation muscle planes and I want struggle not easy sky supremacy.

Having said this I do think that the high alltitude interception variant of the SR-71 should def. be in !

Edited by Tiesemans

The mod was developed for game version 15, so it may work uncorrectly on other versions. Unfortunately, I have no free time to adapt mod for another versions. After the release of the beta I'll do extended and adapted version of the mod.