Has any one come up with a good way to keep mods up with version changes?

StellarRat

As long as the enemy is smart enough to make you come across no mans land to them then it would be fine by me to.

Personally I would add a countdown so you had to clear the UFO in 5 turns or they self destruct and take you all out with them.

That may make me officially evil though.

I LOVE sniping, so I would like a map like that! Actually, there are plenty of real world situations where you would find that sort of map (a crash site in the desert perhaps?).

wouldn't the dunes / hills / cacti forests (I know there are no such things I just wanted to say cacti) obscure your vision?

I always found the desert terrain in the original a bit unusual (pyramid-style hills(!)) considering Desert terrain is mostly flat, but I suppose J. Gollop wanted to put some obsticles in there. Hey, I think the game is hard enough - you take your easy line-of site kills when you can! And remember - if you have lots of LoS to the Ailens then they have it to you...

That may make me officially evil though.

Yes it does! Like I said, you takes ur breaks when ya can. If you can manipulate a UFO so that you can shoot it down over the desert/Artic then why not reap the rewards of clear LoS? That's what I used to try to do in the original.

I always found the desert terrain in the original a bit unusual (pyramid-style hills(!)) considering Desert terrain is mostly flat, but I suppose J. Gollop wanted to put some obsticles in there. Hey, I think the game is hard enough - you take your easy line-of site kills when you can! And remember - if you have lots of LoS to the Ailens then they have it to you...

Doesn't that depend on the desert? I think salt deserts are usually flat (because they used to be lakes before they dried up), while all other kinds of deserts aren't that flat.