[v15.1] - entering crash site at the middle of Soviet Union crash the game

when I want to enter crash site, game CTDs.

Want to attach savegame but can't - 500 or 404 errors on attachement pop-up

Fix is available !

Ok guys, first of all thanks for all the reports, they were really useful to find out what caused this crash.

So, the issue was caused by the new spawn maps for the chinook in the farm tileset.

I've corrected the maps affected by this error, you can download them from here.

You'll just need to extract the files from the archive and place them in [xeno install folder]/assets/maps/farm, clicking on substitute files if prompted.

That should do the trick! :)

Edited by Kreny
info about fix added

Another two CTDs, this time with a bit more info.

Didn't catch the map types, but here are screenshots of the crash sites' locations if that helps:

Soviet Union

th_crash_site_location_zpsb119a0df.jpg

Southern Africa

th_crash_site_location_2_zpscc3584d6.jpg

UFO type was light scout in both cases.

Error details:

Problem Event Name:    APPCRASH Application Name:    Xenonauts.exe Application Version:    0.0.0.0 Application Timestamp:    505b2a3c Fault Module Name:    Xenonauts.exe Fault Module Version:    0.0.0.0 Fault Module Timestamp:    505b2a3c Exception Code:    c0000005 Exception Offset:    00145bb6 OS Version:    6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1 Locale ID:    1035 Additional Information 1:    9e27 Additional Information 2:    9e2778096e7e1e2a2e0302fe58f3eea8 Additional Information 3:    9e27 Additional Information 4:    9e2778096e7e1e2a2e0302fe58f3eea8

Don't know if it matters, but I was also running in windowed mode.

Well, looking at the Assets/Maps/Soviettown foldier, seems the Soviet map assets are missing.

If the game is trying to actually make a SovietTown crashsite rather than just farm or industrial, that'll do it.

Is it possible to do some workaround here? e.g. point game to Farm tileset instead of Soviet Town?

I think the Soviet Town isn't yet implemented, hence that can't be the problem. Also, like I mentioned in the earlier posts, I've had the CTD in areas other than Soviet Union.

Ah, forgot to mention earlier that I too, like DrFumbles, suffered one CTD when going for a landed UFO. Can't remember any other details than it was somewhere in Europe, probably a light scout or a scout as it was early in the game.

Edited by Dowly

Well, looking at the Assets/Maps/Soviettown foldier, seems the Soviet map assets are missing.

If the game is trying to actually make a SovietTown crashsite rather than just farm or industrial, that'll do it.

The Soviet Town tileset will be used for terror sites and here we're talking about crash sites.

ATM this tileset is not used, so even if the folder is empty that's definitely not the cause.

I think I might have an idea of the problem. I just tried to do a crash-site mission on a farmyard map, and the game CTD'd. I notice that the /units/friendlyaitroops/farm/weapon.farmershotgun/ assets folder has a complete set of spectres for the "friendly solider" :) on the farmyard map, but no sprite sheets. Could that be what's causing the CTD?

PLEASE NOTE: The only way to check what type of mission you will do is to zoom in on the UFO before you engage it - once you zoom in, all sorts of info pops up next to the UFO icon. The crash-site icon does not have any of the details the mobile UFO does.

Having tried this a dozen times, it seems that the farmyard maps cause the CTD. Now, the last time this happened, the assets for the map in question weren't there, but they seem all there this time. Oh well. In the meanwhile, the only thing to do really is when you intercept a UFO, check before you enage it to make sure the terrain type (which will be noted next to the UFO icon if you zoom in) is Industrial.

and due to vacation of our beloved leader, fix would not be available before he returns, right? When he should return? If later then next week then call him back! :)

just an idea. If industrial tileset works... there should be some xml where we could point game to industrial tileset instead of farm tileset if crash site is on farmland?

Important note! This patch is no longer required from v16 on, as the fixed maps were included in it!

Ok guys, first of all thanks for all the reports, they were really useful to find out what caused this crash.

So, the issue was caused by the new spawn maps for the chinook in the farm tileset.

I've corrected the maps affected by this error, you can download them from here.

You'll just need to extract the files from the archive and place them in [xeno install folder]/assets/maps/farm, clicking on substitute files if prompted.

That should do the trick! :)

Edited by Giovanni