UFOs & Being Horrible

Chris

well I think we actually have enough information to make own opinion on this. And in my opinion it's better to give early feedback when there is time to change decision then do it late where it is not possible. But 100 people 100 tastes :)

This thread has 21 pages of feedback.

Duplicating some of that in another thread doesn't add anything it just splits the information into two parts that need to be looked at individually as well as compared.

So far the poll shows that people prefer not to have all missions as multi part which is pretty much what this thread shows.

Here you also have the reasons for those feelings as well as suggestions on how it may be possible to work around theoretical limitations.

Umm, you pretty much had to assault ufos in original in certain ways(landed ones, shot down ones sometimes had broken down walls) until you got blaster bombs and weapons good enough to breach them... Unless high explosives can do that. I dunno, I remember trying and them doing nothing. Anyway, point is, even the original doesn't have "Complete freedom".

For me XCOM is about fighting variety of aliens(which can be cut up to learn stuff about their biology), stealing their stuff, researching their stuff, using their stuff against them and dying a lot while trying :P Oh and nice strategic layer and interception to an extent too, but mainly strategic layer + research + aliens. Plus immersion. Its not as much about deciding whether I blow up whole map with rockets or do it in normal way as much as its finding out best thing to do depending on situation.(And really, I want an option to blow up crashed ufos without mission without recovering anything, it feels crappy to let aliens go and when you are far enough in original game there are too many shot down ufos that doing them all gets boring D:<)

High explosives did nothing in the original, although xcomutil improved their power and allowed you to blow holes in the outer walls. This was one of the better improvements, I believe. Nobody really used HE otherwise and HE is dangerous enough that it takes a significant amount of time to set up something like that, so it had its trade offs and it's not as if you could just blow a hole and immediately rush in. Usually you had your guys at least a good half turn or turn of movement away from the future hole before it blew. Still it appears we won't be able to destroy the UFO tiles at all in Xenonauts. A shame, and while I don't agree with it, I can somewhat understand it.

Additionally, I will say on the subject of two part missions. Even the UFO:After* series, which, in my opinion, did the two part missions correctly, still broke the flow and didn't entirely make sense. And it also used them for every UFO mission. Consequently, I never finished any of those games.

This thread has 21 pages of feedback.

Duplicating some of that in another thread doesn't add anything it just splits the information into two parts that need to be looked at individually as well as compared.

So far the poll shows that people prefer not to have all missions as multi part which is pretty much what this thread shows.

Here you also have the reasons for those feelings as well as suggestions on how it may be possible to work around theoretical limitations.

So far noone used that poll thread for any futher explanations (except you :)) so that poll will act as summarization of this thread. I'll write there post asking people for using thar thread just for voting.

There are four posts in that thread and three of them comment on why they voted.

And yes one of those is me because I feel without giving a reason for a vote (or lack of one when the poll doesn't have the option you prefer) the numbers don't mean much.

Chris is back so hopefully we will get some clarification on the issues he was referring to.

I am still hoping for a part done level or submap with the problem tiles so we can get a good look at them :)