Build V15 Released!

Since I seem to be an idiot... where can I find the Linux version?

Also, I think I missed this "standard" vs. "premium" preorder thingy. Is the Linux version available for all preorders, or not?

I preordered back in 2010, so I am not sure whether I am "standard" or "premium".

Since I seem to be an idiot... where can I find the Linux version?

Also, I think I missed this "standard" vs. "premium" preorder thingy. Is the Linux version available for all preorders, or not?

I preordered back in 2010, so I am not sure whether I am "standard" or "premium".

I think it is still not there.

there will be a linux version, but in the words of chris on first post:

"- Linux Version: A Linux version of V14.11 is currently being set up on Desura. From when I get back, the Mac and Linux releases should be a bit more proven and we'll keep them synchronised better with the Windows versions."

Meanwhile the game works in wine (just download the windows version) and use it in wine, i played it and no bugs except for the same you can see reported in windows, maybe with very reduced framerate, but in version 14 the framerate was at least 3 times better in wine.

___

What about move crouched ?

covers lose their meaning without this feature ...

Now is not 1990 or 2000 ... - Now is 2012 ! -

game should have more tactical possibilities !

I'm not sure, but wasn't the answer that it was pretty pointless and too many additional sprites?

I'm not sure, but wasn't the answer that it

was pretty pointless and too many additional sprites?

So you can say so about any offer - to just don't do it.

:cool:

So you think Xenonauts must be just HD-copy of X-com ... with nothing new ?

After X-COM:UFO Defense passed 18 years !

and after 18 years you want to offer to release the same ?

:confused:

__

so what your asking for, is to be able to crouch. and then move around crouched in the hope that if an alien gets reaction fire on you, that the reduced profile will give you a better chance of missing?

if your tactics involve running men across an aliens path of fire what you need to do is re-evaluate your tactics, not demand a new feature which would only be helpful in 1 situation, that situation being:

that by some miracle, the entire path you want to cross has a piece of chest high wall between you and the alien.

not to mention moving in such a fashion would require a higher cost in AP per tile moved...

it's a LOT of work for the artist to do just for the sake of a feature people wont use.

and xenonauts IS essentially a remake of X-COM, but there's plenty new. new research, new weapons, new armour. i think Chris is trying to stick to the feel of the original. if you want a brand new all signing all dancing XCOM, wait until October. (also is it really necessary to underline and red paint everything? it makes your post seem like deliberate flame bait =/)

So you can say so

So you think Xenonauts must be just HD-copy of X-com ... with nothing new ?

After X-COM:UFO Defense passed 18 years !

and after 18 years you want to offer to release the same ?

:confused:

__

I would give everything I own for a HD remake of XCOM. :D And yeah, I think this is going to be as close as we're ever going to get, with improvements here and there where they were needed. Firaxis are doing the whole redesign thing if you want a version unlike the original.

___

What about move crouched?

covers lose their meaning without this feature ...

Now is not 1990 or 2000 ... Now is 2012 !

game should have more tactical possibilities !

Pointless feature given the game's turn based nature and the scarcity of cover tiles. having to uncrouch manually in the jagged alliance games always bugged the crap out of me, so I can see it being just as big a pain in the ass here. Chris should spend his time on something worth while, like fixing the medkits.

Pointless feature given the game's turn based nature and the scarcity of cover tiles. having to uncrouch manually in the jagged alliance games always bugged the crap out of me, so I can see it being just as big a pain in the ass here. Chris should spend his time on something worth while, like fixing the medkits.

Not as pointless as you say. Opportunity fire would mean that staying crouched might present a smaller profile therefore harder target to hit. A crouched target might also be able to avoid being detected in the first place. I agree that there might be bigger priorities.

There have been several (heated) debates about poses, including the JA "duckwalk". Some of them were on the old forum, some of them came to here. In those debates Chris appeared unconvinced that it's worth the time and energy to produce new poses because as ever, he would need to produce poses for each set of armour, for each set of weapons with each armour and each combination of off-hand weapons and equipment with each armour. As it is, churning out those combinations of equipment for existing poses and armour is currently taking longer than he expected.

Hello! I have been with you guys for quite some time and have been playing xenonauts off Desura. Quite a fantastic game by the way! I am incredibly impressed with what Chris and his team have done. Back to original point- Desura can be quite odd at times, where are the standalone files so I can just download, play, and avoid Desura?

• 2 weeks later...

Since the update (havent played before in a while) the game crashes repeatingly when trying to load an engagement on the ground. Ive also tried reinstalling it via desura :S

Anyone else have this issue? Just asking before i start further investigating.

Might also pointing to a poster 2 above me, im too stupid to find the normal download files again. (Just guessing that the desura files are bugged out somway)