Build V15 Released!

Install it and see if the Ferret has a shadow or check in the files for the xenonauts in power armour.

Should tell you easily enough if you have the new content or not.

- Geoscape Selector: If you click several objects that are close to each other on the Geoscape, you now get a pop-up menu asking you to select which one you intended to target. Just like the original X-Com!

- Draggable Windows: The pop-up windows on the Geoscape (the UFO detected or interception windows, for example) can now be dragged around the screen if they're obscuring something important.

- Realistic Lightmap: The lightmap now changes with the seasons (it updates every 10 days). This means we've moved the start of the game forward to September so the lightmap starts pretty neutral. Not something I was overly bothered about myself, but Giovanni put it in for you guys :)

Quick and easy things to check.

Edited by Gauddlike

They don't SELL them, they do allow you to play betas though :P Not sure at all about alphas though.

They do. I told you about one when you first posted that they don't :P

Endless Space was alpha funded on Steam.

You got it at a discounted price and you got to vote on changes made during the development.

Moonie, your posts are consistently negative given you know full well that the game is in alpha - if you're not prepared for weird stuff going on, wait until beta. Also anything other than sprites appearing in the incorrect order (so half-in-half-out buildings) is a bug. If you think it's something we should fix it'd help if you'd report it.

Yes, I forgot to update the launcher version number. Oops. I might see if I can release a hotfix for the Chinook unloading bug though.

They do. I told you about one when you first posted that they don't :P

Endless Space was alpha funded on Steam.

You got it at a discounted price and you got to vote on changes made during the development.

wasn't that beta for endless space? It had come along pretty far when it ended up on steam as far as I recall.

Trying to find the Mac builds for Xenonauts but can't find it. I thought it was out but Desura has no client for Mac. What's up?

Mac builds are only available via the standalone download (which you can find at http://www.desura.com/games/xenonauts/download ), but v15 is not there yet (usually takes a day or two to be there after the windows build is out).

Hmm yeah sure enough, they call it alpha.. but it was feature complete, it only missed some artwork and some additional balance (and 3 factions but that is essentially covered by the artwork missing :P). They never had any beta version because their alpha version covered that part of development.

I think calling it an alpha is debatable. (If we are to be really picky... that might not change anything if I've misunderstood some argument in the whole alpha funding discussion)

I guess the alpha vs beta debate won't be that relevant as taking into account 'valve time' this will be pretty much beta by the time steam sees it anyway. :D

And i suspect that might be a good thing. You'd want to be a bit careful with Steam. It's obviously a huge market for indie devs but I hang out on their forum a lot and it can get nasty.

If you were going to go the Endless Space route of sticking it on the store as a pre-order and get access now then you'd want it pretty darn stable or it might be damaging.

If you were just providing keys as an alternate download to existing users without yet promoting it on Steam then that's obviously not an issue. Paradox did that with Warlocks beta test.

I personally fell in love with the game after playing the kickstarter build for all of 2 minutes but I'm not sure long term you'd want the steam forum for the game holding posts of the kind of issues that'll get dealt with on here during the 'alpha deluxe'.