Will we get proximity sensing grenades or HE?

StellarRat

Maybe. The ground combat coder is nearly done with his work, so if he's going to be sitting around twiddling his thumbs then I'll get him implementing some stuff like this or the motion detector etc. No promises though.
That's good news. I don't see either a big project. But, then again, I've haven't seen the source code. It would be very nice to have a proximity fuse for EVERY explosive device in the game, but I'd be happy with just the grenades and C-4. When the "real" game starts I have a feeling that being able mine some of the approaches to your troops will be critical to trying to stop some of the faster and tougher aliens.

I wouldn't put it on the grenades.

On the C4 it would be nice though.

Gives it an additional use beyond blowing up the odd wall.

True, but I was thinking the old game. It actually makes more sense to have it on the C-4 than a grenade and like you said it give the C-4 more usefulness. Don't you throw C-4 at your enemies? I use it like a grenade with a 1 delay setting.

good shout for use on the c4. Something I've never really had much use for.
Wow, I think it's highly useful right now. When an alien is hiding behind a wall or other object I just have one of my guys toss a charge into his hidey hole. Pretty effective. I imagine the new AI will tell the alien to "GET OUT" (then you could reaction fire him), but for now it destroys the cover and the alien most of the time.