a multi level tileset

here is a (*terrorsite?) or landing i would like to see in the game.

have a setting where the alien ship has landed on the roof of a low level building/or unacessable landing site(from the ground) and you have to clear out the building next to it to get to an exterior stairwell that accesses to the ufo

an example (ufo landed on a building colapsing it making it unable to access ufo from ground but right next to it is a 3 story building that you can shoot out some walls on lvl 3 to access the ufo.)

another is ufo is on top of a ridge with building next to it. on the roof of building is walkway to ufo ship landing area.

my idea behind this is to make the game more in depth rather than just everything on lvl1 with the occasional building to clear.

With those suggestions wouldn't the level need to be more static than the semi randomness now?

If you need to make sure that the buildings have the right access points in the right places then you can't have them be random.

How many times would you be able to play a mission on a map where the aliens had crashed into the 3rd floor of a building before it started to feel contrived?

In the AI intro thread I asked GJ if he was planning to make the sniper type enemies prefer higher ground and he said that he was.

As long as the aliens make decent use of the buildings you may not want to turn your back on a building without making sure it is clear.

Don't get me wrong, I think having to clear a tall building one floor at a time would be a good mission.

I would probably just have a tower block submap on some of the terror missions though.

You won't be forced to work your way up but there could be trapped civilians up there...

Down side is I would probably end up re-enacting Towering Inferno by injudicious use of the flamethrower...