upgraded solid shell projectiles?

Tam Elbrun

in the plasma research it very clearly shows magnetic accelerator coils, which has me wondering if there's going to be gauss weapons showing up at some point. Until i've played the beta version to see for sure i haven't a clue, but it doesn't stop me from wondering.

Either way come beta, i'd be interested in seeing, or if no one beats me to it, making a mod that lets you A) build upgraded versions of your existing weapons by jurryrigging salvaged magnetic coils to them and using iron rounds, B) use Gauss weapons later in the game, & C) have the aliens catch on to what you're doing and expand/improve their own arsenal by mimicking bits of your gear they don't have or didn't think of later on when you start getting the upper hand.

which will probably take forever due to editing a bajilion sprites but whatever.

REALLY wish gold hawk had used a more efficient sprite system...

Oppinions? ideas?

Because:

Standard: Launch a metal slug at high velocity via small explosion.

Gauss: Launch a metal slug at high velocity via EM fields.

They do use a more advanced method to propel the slug but they are basically a next generation of ballistics. Chris admitted there would be a rail gun later in the game but after a few posts still claimed that the 4th tier is still not out of the bag. Besides i once took a stroll across the game files, naively, thinking that all the advanced tech art is taken out of the game. And saw a missile which name implied a FAR more advanced technology(like by centuries more) than Gauss weaponry. I never went back into the spoilerific art assets again. One spoiler is too much ;_;

Edit:

4th Tier is Gauss Weaponry (MAG).

Oh and even if it's kind of wrong, USE SPOILER TAGS! Jesus mofo Christ man! If you don't know how then ask around. I don't know how to use those too but i don't go DUMBLEDORE DIES all over the forums.

Edited by GoodGuyEddy

Because:

Standard: Launch a metal slug at high velocity via small explosion.

Gauss: Launch a metal slug at high velocity via EM fields.

They do use a more advanced method to propel the slug but they are basically a next generation of ballistics. Chris admitted there would be a rail gun later in the game but after a few posts still claimed that the 4th tier is still not out of the bag. Besides i once took a stroll across the game files, naively, thinking that all the advanced tech art is taken out of the game. And saw a missile which name implied a FAR more advanced technology(like by centuries more) than Gauss weaponry. I never went back into the spoilerific art assets again. One spoiler is too much ;_;

Edit:

Oh and even if it's kind of wrong, USE SPOILER TAGS! Jesus mofo Christ man! If you don't know how then ask around. I don't know how to use those too but i don't go DUMBLEDORE DIES all over the forums.

Drama much? I ain't spoiling anything, it's all right there for everybody to see. The most advanced missile is the Hypervelocity variant (Speed speed speed!). As for those crazy advanced ones you saw, those were end game Torpedos, Fusion and Singularity (AKA : Nuke and Black Hole)

You are forgetting that not everyone is looking through the game files to find out what will be coming up.

Not everyone wants to know before beta and there are plenty who don't play the alpha/beta at all because they don't want the surprise ruined by playing incomplete versions early.

It is courtesy to use spoiler tags if you announce game features before Chris does if nothing else.