Desura's response to the MCF error

I see some enterprising people have been bugging Desura about the MCF error issue. You can find Desura's response here, but there seems to be a three-step process.

(The below is a paraphrase of Desura's guidance. Please don't rag on me for things Desura says)

Step 1. Delete the cache. The cache can be found in /Desura/Cache/ . Then when deleted, do a clean re-install.

If fail.

Step 2. Check permissions. Do you have admin access. Wil your firewall grant access? Is your hard drive alright?

If fail.

Step 3. Download the standalone.

In my case, i kind of did step 1 but with anger. I have been trying for two days and the error remained. Then i got mad and unleashed my uber skills :o

I went right away to the Desura folder, shift+del the game, then found the cache and they suffered the same consequence as the game.

Reopened Desura and right clicked on Xeno--> Install game and voilà!

I wouldn't put it as strongly as that but Deura have done nothing to make me want to continue wanting to use their service once the steam keys are released. Taken them weeks to do nothing about this, and the standalone download has taken me 5 hours to download. On a fibre optic internet connection! Not impressed, although I know that Goldhawk have nothing to do with Desura's apparent lack in interest in sort out the problems.