Yeah, in bought version(that is alpha so there are bugs and not all features are in yadda yadda) you can choose between story mode and sandbox mode(and if I recall right, there are only one story that is the tutorial) and in sandbox mode you can customize your character(and name and appearance to some extend). You can also choose what his job was which affects stats and choose perks/"deperks"(forgot name for those thing that gives you disadvantage but gives you more points to choose perks) and stuff.

well the core of desura is better than steam, you don't have to be connected to get to your games, and the desura games don't need a desura load up shell.

steam has some great features, a better network, and a much stronger line up of games with better sales.

origin is new, and used mass effect 3 as its catch to get started.

impulse is old, and never really took off, but didn't fall into the same coding issues that steam did.

in short if you want to be sure you can play the game you bought, go for desura. if you want neat community features, go for steam, unless you fear a monopoly taking over the game industry, then go for either origin. impulse is not quite steam or desura, but fills a niche somewhere in between.

i personally remember the days when big studios bought out little studios, and the games were either innovative and half done, or well polished and simply a clone. the time when blizzard was king of quality, before WOW (not saying WOW is bad). as a result i fear a monopoly and so i like any decent competition for steam.

• 2 weeks later...
well the core of desura is better than steam, you don't have to be connected to get to your games, and the desura games don't need a desura load up shell.

steam has some great features, a better network, and a much stronger line up of games with better sales.

origin is new, and used mass effect 3 as its catch to get started.

impulse is old, and never really took off, but didn't fall into the same coding issues that steam did.

in short if you want to be sure you can play the game you bought, go for desura. if you want neat community features, go for steam, unless you fear a monopoly taking over the game industry, then go for either origin. impulse is not quite steam or desura, but fills a niche somewhere in between.

i personally remember the days when big studios bought out little studios, and the games were either innovative and half done, or well polished and simply a clone. the time when blizzard was king of quality, before WOW (not saying WOW is bad). as a result i fear a monopoly and so i like any decent competition for steam.

I think that EA is pure evil and everyone should boycott their products.I like desura's interface and user friendly design but the games the carry are mostly horrible.

Blizzard's games have been dropping in quality because the original devs of WoW, Diablo 2, starcraft already left and formed their own companies.They just ride their well knowsn IP and get massive preorder.

EA aren't evil, they're just like any other big corporation, only interested in pleasing shareholders. Now Activision, they are evil, their CEO has actually said in the past that he wants their game developers to suffer. They also fired the developers of Call of Duty just to get out of paying them.

I think Desura is kinda crap.

I accidently clicked "add to account" and it made Xenonauts dissapear from my list. I had to go to the xenonauts store page and click "play" to get it back again. I have no idea what that feature is meant to do, other than make me lose my games :)

Also, everything is grey-on-black. Terrible.

• 3 weeks later...

I just bought the game and had to DL Desura, and frankly i hate it. I've got a 75mb broadband. i should be able to DL the game in 15-20mins tops, instead it's been going for 2hours and it still hasn't finished. It's not my connection since i checked everything, and even dled some stuff through steam and origin and they worked fine. It's just desura that wants to crawl along

I just bought the game and had to DL Desura, and frankly i hate it. I've got a 75mb broadband. i should be able to DL the game in 15-20mins tops, instead it's been going for 2hours and it still hasn't finished. It's not my connection since i checked everything, and even dled some stuff through steam and origin and they worked fine. It's just desura that wants to crawl along

have you looked at this: http://www.goldhawkinteractive.com/forums/showthread.php/739-How-to-download-Xenonauts-without-using-Desura!